Cape Diablo bracelet ripoff

Sbcats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I think I've just been ripped off. I ordered a bracelet online on June 14th (don't remember where I found it, possibly Etsy). I couldn't get any helpful tracking advice off sf-express.com, the shipper I read more.clpsely that it is a Chinese shipper. I wrote to Cape Diablo and a friendly response came a day later saying it had been shipped, and I would receive it in 12-25 days. Finally, I googled the company only to find several Better Business complaints about the quality of the item (plastic, not leather, smells bad etc.) Have not received it yet, but have a sinking feeling. Is there a good way to warn the public about this seller? Feeling diappointed and angry right now. Thanks for listening, Sbcats

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

Mel0116
Found this company in my Instagram feed. Thought I’d support a small village that hires women to make handmade jewelry to sustain their family. I ordered a rose quartz bracelet. https://playbill.com/prideplays It arrived with the center stone cracked. What company mails delicate jewelry in a padded envelope? When I contacted the company and sent pictures of the damaged bracelet, I was told someone in quality would review my claim and make a decision regarding replacement. Make a decision. The bracelet is clearly damaged. I am still waiting for a response. Hopeful, PayPal will step in and issue a refund in my favor. Smh!
Login to Me Too

Mel0116
P.S. please disregard playbill link. Not sure how it got in there!
Login to Me Too

lkb3
New Community Member

I have been waiting for my order to arrive and keep getting the same message that my product has been shipped and in transit....wait 12-25 days...They say its a USPS-Covid issue, but the USPS site still indicates they have never received the package.  I did some Googling and realized that these products are not 'hand made by moms working from home'....they are massed produced in CHINA!!! This is definitely fraudlent advertising. I have asked for a refund and they have not yet responded.  I dont know how to get the word out to people not to buy from them. I cant leave a review on their website. I made a complaint to the BBB....btw, I ship with USPS almost weekly and I havent had any delay issues.

Login to Me Too

PeabodysMistres
New Community Member
Same here! Ordered May 21st, have sent emails, Facebook messages... They took 6 days to answer my first Facebook message, asking for my order number. I promptly gave it to them, they never answered until I complained in their Facebook page, then they just asked me the same question! Still no answer. Theyve answered questions and made posts on their Facebook several times since I've emailed and messaged them. When I finally posted under one of their recent replies, THEY DELETED MY COMMENT! I've filed a dispute but I have feeling I'm going to have to take this up with my bank. They're falsely advertising handmade products when there's multiple reviews about the lack of quality in their product. I've seen the exact same pictures they post on Etsy shops. It's been too long and I just want a refund.
Login to Me Too

Feliza1
Contributor
Contributor
I too ordered 4 bracelets on May 3 2020. I did receive 1 and really like it. I’ve kept all correspondence. Today I sent emails to 3 different Cape Diablo email addresses inquiring about my order. I paid through Pay Pal so hopefully if I need to dispute it I will get my money back. I have seen the same bracelets advertised on other sites on FB and wondered about how they all are selling the same items which sounds like a mass production operation. Very disappointed since this is supposed to be a spiritual jewelry site.
Login to Me Too

Feliza1
Contributor
Contributor
I looked at the FB page and there is not an owner of the page but the managers are from Israel and Philippines. They have a COVID 19 disclaimer on their page which states orders may be delayed.
Login to Me Too

Neelymom
Contributor
Contributor
This makes me so angry. I, too, ordered thinking local. I got a tracking number for all orders, but they never updated past “postal service has created a tracking number”. I guess I’ll dispute it. I paid a lot of money to this company.
Login to Me Too

Luckylori2011
Contributor
Contributor
I believe I have also been ripped off. I ordered 2 Bracelets and haven’t received either. I got an email from the company saying that one of them has shipped but when I checked the tracking number it says that USPS has not received the package. I’m very disappointed as I really wanted these bracelets. It looks like I will be disputing with PayPal today. bracelets and haven’t received either. I got an email from the company saying that one of them has shipped but when I check the tracking number it says that USPS has not received the package. I’m very disappointed as I really wanted these bracelets. It looks like I will be disputing with PayPal today.
Login to Me Too

tamaracazara71
Contributor
Contributor
Did paypal refund your money? I ask because I'm currently waiting for PayPal to make a decision but im nervous because cape diablo put **bleep** tracking numbers. I dont know what to-do
Login to Me Too

Kharte
Contributor
Contributor
NO. I received A item yesterday(7/15). NOT what I ordered. It is a piece of junk! Something you would see at a Flea Market. Definitely NOT Handmade. So disappointing and despicable how we all got duped!! I am just sick!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.