Cape Diablo bracelet ripoff

Sbcats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I think I've just been ripped off. I ordered a bracelet online on June 14th (don't remember where I found it, possibly Etsy). I couldn't get any helpful tracking advice off sf-express.com, the shipper I read more.clpsely that it is a Chinese shipper. I wrote to Cape Diablo and a friendly response came a day later saying it had been shipped, and I would receive it in 12-25 days. Finally, I googled the company only to find several Better Business complaints about the quality of the item (plastic, not leather, smells bad etc.) Have not received it yet, but have a sinking feeling. Is there a good way to warn the public about this seller? Feeling diappointed and angry right now. Thanks for listening, Sbcats

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

SunshineLover
Contributor
Contributor
I have had the same problem. Said it was shipped, and the tracking number goes nowhere. Hopefully PayPal will refund me
Login to Me Too

Helena444
Contributor
Contributor
This is what's happening with me right now, disputed with PayPal Credit but it could take up to 60 days for them to investigate and resolve. Learned my lesson tho.
Login to Me Too

jaaess
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, l they are lying and PayPal is doing that too...plus PayPal's long long timeline letting the crooked company get away with our money.

Login to Me Too

jaaess
Contributor
Contributor

It finally arrived July 21st in the mail...from

and more now...this is a reply from PayPal again with no help...the "solution" was what I told them and was on its way to USPS statused on June 23rd..I replied but they want me to send it again into their (NO) Resolution Center. See it here PayPal. No more nice guy from me...I am so sick of this lying, stalling and no help.

"Hello PayPal.
Are you supposed resolution group persons retarded or what? 

That USPS "status" has been sitting, as I wrote to you, for more than a month. Cape Diablo is dishonest, their shipments sit until people get mad and file claims which go nowhere, if they are through PayPal. 

I wrote all of this to you but you seem to think you are reporting status and news to me. 

Check out your own Cape Diablo's customer dissatisfaction statuses on your website. Exactly the same as mine. They are even reported to be out of business by the Better Business Bureau. 

That is their crookedness and I am sick of it and sick of no help from PayPal "reporting" "updating " with me the same information I provided to you.
Come on. You guys."

This is no help at all. More stalling and no sense used in their supposed help. 

Jeannie
Login to Me Too

HappieFamilySca
Contributor
Contributor
So glad I found this post topic. Kept me from making a purchase. I ordered a compass online last year and paid through PayPal. After discovering it was delayed shipping from China, I cancelled the transaction. The company refused. PayPal did not stand behind their refund policy because the seller "provided a tracking number" which was bogus. After conducting my own investigation, I learned that many others had experienced the same scenario with the tracking numbers. PayPal knows this is occurring and they don't protect us. I successfully fought it with my credit card company. I will never ever buy anything from a social media site again because most are foreign scams. Unfortunately, the same products are sold under dozens of names.
Login to Me Too

Farnham8744
Contributor
Contributor

Im still waiting over a month disputed with paypal same think bogus tracking number never moves... This is shameful. I email every day and I'm sure they don't care... Horrible let's over load them on yelp if that is possible. Paypal is on the slow boat to China in more ways than one.... Amazon would already have my money back in my account... Shame on Paypal

Login to Me Too

Kharte
Contributor
Contributor

You will NOT get help from this Company! They will go out of their way to help the sellers defraud you. DO NOT use PayPal.  And yes Cape Diablo is a scam company. I have to live with the proof!! Cheap products sent instead of what is pictured. Oh and 6 weeks wait for Junk product! The reviews for this company are rigged.

Login to Me Too

CapeDiablo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm sorry to read that you haven't received your order yet. I can also see that this text was written a few months ago. May I know if you managed to receive your order? Please remember that every order made at Cape Diablo is protected by our BUYER PROTECTION Policy. Could you please contact us through our website: https://www.capediablo.com/pages/contact-us.

We will be happy to help you track your order.

Melissa from Cape Diablo Spiritual Jewelry

Login to Me Too

Nursiedear
Well, it's June 5th. I'm pretty sure I am an unfortunate person (I refuse to say 'victim') of the Cape Diablo rip-off. The advertisement on Instagram looked current and I liked what I saw. And to think they sell "spiritual jewelry"! I ordered it on May 4 and have emailed them twice and received the same message back twice. Basically they said they would check on it and get back to me. I guess I won't hold my breath, since if I do I'll be dead based on what I'm reading here and on the BBB site. Had I known they were in China I never would have ordered. The ad gave the impression they were local (USA). I've had my fill of ordering from China. I usually check businesses out before I purchase but this just felt right-I can't explain it! I guess I'm just too naive but I'm still trying to keep believing in the goodness of people. Great to be a member of this sad club. Please, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!
Login to Me Too

HERBCRAZY
Contributor
Contributor
Ok I am afraid I may be ripped off also! Ordered May 5 now one month later no tracking (says in CA) and they don’t answer numerous emails. Hope I can get my $ back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.