Cape Diablo bracelet ripoff

Sbcats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I think I've just been ripped off. I ordered a bracelet online on June 14th (don't remember where I found it, possibly Etsy). I couldn't get any helpful tracking advice off sf-express.com, the shipper I read more.clpsely that it is a Chinese shipper. I wrote to Cape Diablo and a friendly response came a day later saying it had been shipped, and I would receive it in 12-25 days. Finally, I googled the company only to find several Better Business complaints about the quality of the item (plastic, not leather, smells bad etc.) Have not received it yet, but have a sinking feeling. Is there a good way to warn the public about this seller? Feeling diappointed and angry right now. Thanks for listening, Sbcats

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BSabo
New Community Member

Hi All,

I ordered four bracelets from Cape Diablo last week. When I didn't receive the usual email confirmation or response to my email regarding gift boxes, I became suspicious. I googled the company and found this BBB post: https://www.bbb.org/us/wv/morgantown/profile/fashion-accessories/capediablo-0282-92020133. (I used PayPal to make the purchase, as I did not know the seller.)

I contacted PayPal to report this occurrence because the Cape Diablo website prominently displays the PayPal icon. The PayPal CS agent advised me to wait until today to see whether I would get a response. I did get a response that one of my four items is being shipped from GAITHERSBURG, MD 20898.

I have had this happen before with other vendors on Amazon. Sadly, those items never arrived and I had to dispute the purchase.

I will keep the PayPal community up-to-date on my Cape Diablo situation.

Thanks.

BSabo

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93
Solved

BSabo
New Community Member

Hi All,

I ordered four bracelets from Cape Diablo last week. When I didn't receive the usual email confirmation or response to my email regarding gift boxes, I became suspicious. I googled the company and found this BBB post: https://www.bbb.org/us/wv/morgantown/profile/fashion-accessories/capediablo-0282-92020133. (I used PayPal to make the purchase, as I did not know the seller.)

I contacted PayPal to report this occurrence because the Cape Diablo website prominently displays the PayPal icon. The PayPal CS agent advised me to wait until today to see whether I would get a response. I did get a response that one of my four items is being shipped from GAITHERSBURG, MD 20898.

I have had this happen before with other vendors on Amazon. Sadly, those items never arrived and I had to dispute the purchase.

I will keep the PayPal community up-to-date on my Cape Diablo situation.

Thanks.

BSabo

Login to Me Too

Robin75
New Community Member

I also fell for it. I ordered 4 bracelets. It was about 3 weeks when I received 3 of 4 bracelets. One I ordered and two were wrong and the fourth was included. I sent a message to inquire about the order. I got a message from Anna. I keep getting excuses, one after another.  I am not sure what to next. Do I call the bank card company ? Or do I realized I have been ripped off . Robin

Login to Me Too

Chelle_139
New Community Member
I also ordered from this outfit and when I would email them about my order I would receive a message from Anna saying my order would ship very soon. I did however, receive my product but at this time I still have not opened the package as it shipped from China. It took about 2.5 months to receive my order. Funny one time Anna said the employees were not working for awhile well i guess we all know why!!
Login to Me Too

CapeDiablo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

This is Melissa from Cape Diablo.

As you may have read in Our Story, all our products are handmade by working moms at their homes. This way, we help them with an extra income source without having to sacrifice precious time with their children. To read more about our lovely artisans, please click here: https://www.capediablo.com/blogs/capediablo/how-its-made-matters

Due to Coronavirus affecting operations worldwide, we had to make sure we protect our staff while at the same time we make our biggest effort in bringing you the best customer service and delivery times. We really apologize if your items took longer than usual to receive. If you send me your order number, I will make sure to check the reason why the shipping times were affected and I will personally make sure you get rewarded because of the long delivery time.

At Cape Diablo, our mission is to bring you 100% Customer Statisfaction.

Thank you,

Melissa

Login to Me Too

tamaracazara71
Contributor
Contributor
Well Melissa 45 days since my order has supposedly shipped and the whole reason I ordered was for my moms birthday which is now 3 days away and I have no gift for her. Your customers service is terrible, all I get is excuses and what I should be getting is a refund. Which I have already started a dispute. I'm waiting on 3 different packages and NONE of them has shown up. And by the looks of cape diablo Facebook page and this website, clearly this is something cape diablo is known for. Tons of custom unhappy and wondering where their items are that they paid for. Shame!
Login to Me Too

Mwh5136
New Community Member
I've made one purchase from Cape Diablo. There was no problems what so ever. My wife loves the bracelet. It's well made for a casual jewelry item. I'm surprised to the complaints, but these all seem to be shipping issues not product complaints.
Login to Me Too

_Dorian_
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah Shipping issues from the company. And there HAVE been multiple complaints about poor craftsmanship.
Login to Me Too

Bea161
Contributor
Contributor
This dosnt explain why the quality of the material used looks nothing like it does on the website - leather and stone !! Fraudulent rubbish . I want a refund but told to have a blessed day instead ..... very disappointed total waste of hard earned money
Login to Me Too

Mlwieber
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly what happened to me! Took so long to receive and then it was junk jewelry!! Broke the first day! The thread was thinner than a strand of hair! Cape Diablo should be ashamed! Nothing but cheap junk. Stay FAR away! Cape Diablo & I have easily traded over TWENTY emails with pictures & please and they will not give ANY refund and will send me another. They haven’t even asked for the original back!! What does that tell you?! They know it’s crap & their profit margin is SO HUGE they can mail you a hundred bracelets cuz they cost a penny to make with child labor or trained monkeys! A 1 star rating on better business bureau!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.