Cannot report problem transaction in Resolution Center

potates
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have seen x6 transactions go off my account tonight, through paypal. I called my bank and stopped the card, they have alerted the fraud department.

When I try to use the resolution center I get the message 

Unable to complete your request

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our User Agreement for more details.

What can I do to get my money back, all the transactions are still pending.

I've been through the user agreement and can't find exactly what the reason for being unable to report a problem with the transactions. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @potates,

Welcome back. Although the card is removed from PayPal as a funding source, your refund should complete to the card originally used for the transaction without issue. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@potates 

Cannot dispute Pending transactions because no money has been captured by the merchants but the authorizations are given so you’ll have to wait until the transactions are updated to “Completed”. You may try to contact the merchants (click the transactions for their details, if any) and report that the transaction is fraudulent and they can cancel the orders/void the authorizations. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

potates
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for replying. I've already removed all my cards from PayPal, but the merchant just refunded me to the card the money came from. Will that be an issue since the card isn't linked to PayPal anymore? If the money is given as PayPal credit, is there a method to move PayPal credit back into my bank account?
Login to Me Too

potates
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemaker Hi thanks for replying. I've already removed all my cards from PayPal, but the merchant just refunded me to the card the money came from. Will that be an issue since the card isn't linked to PayPal anymore? If the money is given as PayPal credit, is there a method to move PayPal credit back into my bank account?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @potates,

Welcome back. Although the card is removed from PayPal as a funding source, your refund should complete to the card originally used for the transaction without issue. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Sri23
New Community Member
I have the same problem. I just changed my password. My paypal account was compromised. I am trying to report the transaction, but keeps failing with the same error.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Sri23,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Sorry to hear you're running into some issues reporting that specific transaction in our Resolution Center. I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance. They can be reached by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.