Canadawheels.ca scams buyers. Fake tracking numbers, I lost Dispute, How?!

jonhaul
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered wheels and tires from canadawheels.ca .  I asked to cancel my order after reading all the bad reviews ( they dont put bad reviews on their website)  and because 3 days had gone by with no contact from seller and nothing was shipped.  They have a policy that they are to contact buyer within 48 with tracking numbers or to explain any delays or separate shipments. After I asked to cancel they pretended it was already sent but it wasnt.  Tracking for wheels proves it.  

They rushed the wheels out the next day,   the tires were never shipped and the tracking provided for them was false.

Several attempts were made to contact the company, phone calls, voice mails, emails to numerous departments.  No one responded.

I opened pay pal dispute and added copius amounts of evidence.   The seller finally responded and offered to give a full refund,  They said the only way to be able to refund me was to cancel my order, to send the wheels back and then they would refund. I had no confidence in them at all and felt it safest to let pay pal handle it. 

Pay pal ruled in their favor. Im missing 500 dollars worth of product that was ordered a month ago.  The wheels shipping took 2 days. One would think that Pay pal would have verified the tracking number, And should have noticed that they gave pay pal a different tracking number for the tires than was originally given to me.  None of them worked anyway and there is no proof they sent them or that it was received by me.   Its clear as day that they are lying...   Loomis will confirm it. 

Im incredibly disappointed in paypal..  Canadawheels has a reputation for doing this and paypal is practically encouraging them.   The dispute is useless if they dont verify anything. Ive read other complaints of the same scenario w/ bad tracking numbers and nothing shipped, ruling in favor of seller.  Unreal. 

Im hoping the credit card company will listen.  It probably helps that they have humans I can talk to and who make the decisions.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jonhaul
Contributor
Contributor

I figured out how they got away with it!!!!!!!!!

In the dispute they gave paypal the tracking number for the wheels I received, but told paypal that it was for the tires that were never shipped, Making it look like i received the tires. Somehow paypal didnt catch that the tires were said to be shipped with Loomis, not purolater.  If Paypal had looked at my attachments in the dispute, they would see it was the same tracking included for the wheels...  there was 5 boxes for the wheels with 5 numbers associated with it.   got lost in the shuffle i guess.. amazing.

Canadawheels are one sneaky company. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jonhaul
Contributor
Contributor

i meant to say ,, the only way they would refund me was if i cancelled the dispute.. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

jonhaul
Contributor
Contributor

I figured out how they got away with it!!!!!!!!!

In the dispute they gave paypal the tracking number for the wheels I received, but told paypal that it was for the tires that were never shipped, Making it look like i received the tires. Somehow paypal didnt catch that the tires were said to be shipped with Loomis, not purolater.  If Paypal had looked at my attachments in the dispute, they would see it was the same tracking included for the wheels...  there was 5 boxes for the wheels with 5 numbers associated with it.   got lost in the shuffle i guess.. amazing.

Canadawheels are one sneaky company. 

Login to Me Too

jonhaul
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to re-open the dispute as item not described. Apparently that's what it should be if partial order did not arrive.  It was easy for the seller to mislead pay pal using the "item not received" category, as they were easily able to prove I did receive something. After reopening the dispute and a few emails sent to the wheels back letting them know I was aware of what they did, the seller offered to email shipping labels and send them back for a complete refund. I sent the wheels back and did receive the refund. 

I would almost say its safe to buy wheels from them. The tires seem to a source of problems. After reading other reviews and posts, tires often arrive weeks later or not at all. If you have any issues with your order they will likely not respond for days, or will not respond.  I would personally not use their services again. 

Login to Me Too

wjz114
Contributor
Contributor

OMG. I'm facing a very similar situation as you and I'm so scared now after reading your post. I opened a dispute for item not received and the original tracking number the seller provided was fake (no information can be found). I was almost certain I would win this until yesterday the seller updated the tracking number with a new one, which indicates the item was delivered. On the detailed tracking info, it says the item was delivered to Port Coquitlam, but my address is in Vancouver! And it's bizarre that eBay still marked the order as delivered! What's more ridiculous is that Port Coquitlam is actually where the seller is located😂. So he just sent something to himself and pretends that it was my order..... 

I ordered a laptop which is worth over $1000. I'm afraid that I might lose all my money according to your experience with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Jenismom1
I used PayPal to pay for a pool. The seller did not provide a tracking number until I opened a dispute on eBay. Then the day after I opened the dispute I was provided with tracking number and a notice of delivery from UPS. It was a delivery to the same town but not to me. I verified this at the UPS distribution center. But, because the tracker shows delivered eBay closed the dispute. I reopened the dispute but eBay wants a police report as if the item was stolen. They will not verify the tracking number is in another name not mine. Now I have to wait with PayPal to finish the same dispute. It will be almost 2 months in process to maybe get a refund. $250.00 lost so far. I don’t trust any of these companies now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.