Can you dispute a friends and family payment?

jnguyen2cee
New Community Member

If you send a payment thru Friends and Family, can you file a dispute or claim?

Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

Saginaw
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely PayPal need to address this ‘issue’ as I’m sure that there are scammers making loads of money out of unfortunate hard working people
Login to Me Too

DimiGerb
Contributor
Contributor

I’m sorry but you are blaming Paypal for a misstep you created. If you want to scam paypal by not paying the costs with a transaction by choosing family/friends than you need to bear consequences. Payment for family/friends is not for ebay transactions, it’s not that hard, the name is self-explanatory: for family and friends. Typical whi..rs, blaming everyone but theirselves.

Login to Me Too

Advien
New Community Member

Dimigerb, I completely agree. I’m fine with people agreeing between each other to choose for this option (even if it’s not correct to do so) but no post-complaining please.

Login to Me Too

DimiGerb
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Advien. Someone with a healthy thinking mind.

Login to Me Too

abid1
Contributor
Contributor
That is one part of the issue, But with an account receiving so many transactions under (friends and family), and NOT being highlighted as a multiple suspicious activites by PayPal system, weird!!!
Login to Me Too

Johninitforfun
Contributor
Contributor
I sent 500 to my son friends and fily paypal sent it to a incorrect email and never asked me where or how to sent it. Now paypal says sorry it's a completed transaction and oyu can not get your 500 dollars back. The response on my page says that my son's email can not be verified and still they are keeping my money. They flat out lied to the BBB and now are lying to the attorney general's office and litteraly saying I am not protected and they claim I made a purchase? I can prove he is my son. And yet now they are stealing my 500 dollars. Stop using PayPal never use them again. Youtube these crooks. They are stealing from all of us. Locking our accounts and keeping our money. All the workers are from the country India. And they hate americans. Drop these criminals file complaints to the attorney general's office and to the BBB or the IC3 internet crime department of the FBI
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.