Can't remove a compromised card

shinsama1121
Contributor
Contributor

I received a message from PayPal saying:

"Your account access is temporarily limited

We received a report of unauthorized activity with the card linked to your PayPal account. To help keep you and the PayPal community secure, we need to better understand this activity.

In an effort to keep your account secure, we've also limited certain features in your account. You'll be able to regain access to these features once you provide the information we've requested."

It asks me to either confirm the card or provide a card statement. I can't do either of those since my card has been compromised. My bank has stopped all transactions related to transferring money (can't use confirm a card). I also can't provide a card statement since I can't leave the house.

I need to remove my debit card but I can't since PayPal's asking me to confirm/provide a card statement.

"There's problem with your account. Please go to the resolution center so we can help you resolve this quickly."

shows up when I try to remove it. Is there a way to fix this? I tried to talk to someone at PayPal assistant but no one's around so I decided to ask here first.

(If this is helpful: I have another card linked to PayPal)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

shinsama1121
Contributor
Contributor
Just sent them a screenshot of my latest transactions and was able to remove my card after.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shinsama1121 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

shinsama1121
Contributor
Contributor
Just sent them a screenshot of my latest transactions and was able to remove my card after.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.