Can't provide full case on a dispute I opened but escalated to a claim by the seller

Anytek
New Community Member

The seller agreed to giving us a 1/2 refund on a payment kept pushing the date back almost towards the 180 day limit to open a dispute. We agreed on a date to be paid but I wanted all further communication done within a dispute so Paypal has a clear view of the conversation. If he were to issue the refund as agreed on, we would simply close the dispute.

So I opened the dispute with just a brief summary of the issue, and explanation on why it's being opened and 1 image from a skype chat showing that he agreed to send a refund. The seller then starts being unprofessional and ranting. Before I could respond, he escalated it to a claim and now I have no chance to provide my full side of the story before Paypal makes their decision.

Is there any way to get Paypal's attention on this and be able to provide our case before they judge it only based on the limited info I gave and whatever he wants to say?

Thanks.

Anytek_0-1629196345124.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anytek 

You should put all the information in when you open the dispute as once escalated you can't add anything unless paypal requests it.

Basically if the item has not arrived then seller has to provide a tracking number.

If the dispute is for item received but not as described then all you need is a brief description of whats wrong with the product.

Paypal don't have time to read screeds of information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.