Can’t forward spam email to spoof@paypal.com

tb68
New Community Member

When I try to forward my spam email to spoof@paypal.com I keep getting an alert saying sending the message content to server failed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jem72
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me:  Delete the phishing email and then going to your delete folder and forward from there.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @tb68

We appreciate you wanting to bring the phishing email you received to our attention! I'm sorry that you're seeing some trouble with sending the email to us. 

Does it matter if you move the message out of your spam folder to try to forward it to us?

Otherwise, you can also try to send it to us at review@paypal.com. Please let me know if either of these workarounds help!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Neotarum
New Community Member
Hi Ashley, I'm having the same problem. Email was in my inbox already, tried sending it to both email addresses with no success. Just to confirm I can send messages from my account but not this email.
Login to Me Too

kadillackid
New Community Member

I have the same problem...almost like something is embedded to avoid forwarding.

Login to Me Too

yelldog
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem trying to report these emails, i've been bombarded with them 10 plus over the last week

Login to Me Too

NathanEDavid
Contributor
Contributor
I have this same problem. It is like my Yahoo mail page will not recognize either of the two genuine PayPal address to report the phishing email. After putting in the forwarding addresses the SEND button does not work. I may have tricked the hack and gotten it forwarded, but I don't know for sure. I forwarded it to myself, and when I put in my own forwarding address the button to SEND became active, so I then added the spoof@paypal.com address and clicked send. Never got anything indicating returned email, but I'm not sure this phishing devil has not somehow gotten Yahoo mail page to just ignore the spoof@paypal.com address completely. At any rate, there is no doubt that this email is a phishing email!
Login to Me Too

peter6263
New Community Member

@PayPal_Ashley wrote:

Hi @tb68

We appreciate you wanting to bring the phishing email you received to our attention! I'm sorry that you're seeing some trouble with sending the email to us. 

Does it matter if you move the message out of your spam folder to try to forward it to us?

Otherwise, you can also try to send it to us at . Please let me know if either of these workarounds help!

-Ashley

I've tried both your suggestions and Gmail blocks the message.

Please help, I'm concerned I may be the victim of fraud.

There must be a more reliable way to flag up a concern

Login to Me Too

thunder-rumble
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same problem from AOL email. It will not forward an obvious phishing email to either spoof@paypal or review@paypal. The AOL error message I get is: "The message was not sent because of an error."

Login to Me Too

Sjcjoy

I tried this solution, deleting the email and then forwarding it to spoof@paypal.com and then also to <removed> Nothing has worked so far. Any other ideas?

Login to Me Too

Candergart
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Gmail (Google mail) and when I try sending mail to spoof@paypal.com gmail blocks it.

The notification I get is telling me to look at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596

So I guess the issue is on gmails side.

I just wanted to mention it incase you others also use gmail.

So yes, Paypal, you need a web form for uploading emails directly or start accepting reports as attachments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.