Can't delete my PayPal account

Clouds110011
New Community Member

I have made an account with a fake alias, that is nowhere close to my legal name.
I was a paranoid teenager, and didn't want my legal name to be visible to others, so I made up a name on the spot.
Long story short, I cannot connect my debit card, which I got 2 days ago. I am frustrated and angry.
I want to delete this account so I can make a NEW PayPal with my actual legal name on it.
My friend has sent me some money, and because of this I probably can't delete my account ($9,66 in total)

PLEASE, help. I don't know what to do, I am so frustrated and angry at myself for not thinking 😓

The only two options left are:
a) SOMEHOW deleting my account
b) SOMEHOW changing the name to my legal name, so I can send and receive money

It's an absolute emergency, because my parrot is sick, and my friend wanted to transfer money to me so I can take him to a vet, PLEASE HELP!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clouds110011 

Unlikely you can receive funds on an official financial account with fake information.

Is the payment showing as unclaimed on your friends side OR is it in your balance and you just can't withdraw it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.