Can i be hacked by giving out just my paypal email

Burntblazed
Contributor
Contributor
I know if its to good to be true usually is. I know cashapp scammers say they will send you money. I always answer sorry only have paypal and they dissapear well this morning one said ok i can send to paypal... if i only give them my paypal email can they use that to hack me? And how? Ill b safe amd not but inquiring mind in paypal is safe how would that work..thx
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Burntblazed, Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for posting.

If you are buying something online, the other party may be asking for your email address to create an invoice or money request. You can read more about this through the following link How do I pay for a money request or invoice with PayPal?

Also, they would not be able to gain access to your email address. To ensure your account security, you can add an extra layer of security to your PayPal account by enabling 2-step verification for login. Once this feature is activated, we’ll send you a unique, random 6-digit access code each time you try to log in. Simply enter this code to access your account.

There are two ways to set up 2-step verification. You can use an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator) or you can ask us to send text messages to your mobile phone.

Please click the following link to see how to set this up on your account How do I turn on or off 2-step verification for PayPal account login?

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.