Can I be sued for forcing a refund when I die not get my package delivered?

Chiffrey
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there! I opened my first case yesterday since the seller did neither reply to my mails, a website document as well as an Instagram message. To sum the story up, I purchased a cheap fitness item on an online store after getting it suggested in Instagram. Turned out the seller after the Transaction gave me a non-trackable Tracking Nummer and never listed the order. Even after 10 business days (in which the shipping should have taken place) I die not receive a single mail besides the one I got shortly after my order. This mail only confirmed my order, shipping adress as well as the money transfered. Now as it turned out they did not contact me again, did not reply to any of my messages and gave me a false tracking number. In reaction to that I opened a dispute on PayPal but am now anxious that the seller can sue me for forcing the refund even if I got no delivery. Can anybody relieve me of this stress or should I just let the 10,20$ blow in the wind and cancel the dispute?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chiffrey 

If that was the case no one would ever file a dispute for non receipt of item would they?

Also as you have not actually received anything they would not win any court case would they?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @Chiffrey

Thank you for your post. 

I understand you are concerned about the situation. 

PayPal's Purchase Protection is in place to help in these situations. PayPal offers purchase protection for cases of the unauthorized use, non-receipt, and items that are significantly not as described.

If you have not received your item, you can open up a case for this. If you feel you are not going to resolve this by working with the merchant, you can escalate this to a PayPal claim

Please just keep in mind that if you close the case yourself, this cannot be reopened or appealed at a late date. 

I hope this helps. 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.