CONTEXTLOGIC AUSTRALIA PTY LTD

Marneyaine
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed this Company is taking payments fro My Account monthly $24.00 to the above named Co. I have not authorised this payment!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Unbeilvable
New Community Member

Contextlogic is scamming entity. They get access to your 'PayPal' credit card details, which is supposed to be PayPal's safety!

How? This is serious breach of PayPal's credibility and accountability.

I made and order of purchase from "Contextlogic' using PayPal. The order was never processed by seller, but my PayPal card details were used to charge and withdraw money just 2 days later! It simply means that, Contextlogic did access my PayPal card details!!!

The withdrawal's name and amount was similar to my previous PayPal payments, but this was not a withdrawal through PayPal.

This simply means, my PayPal card details were compromised and accessed by 'Contextlogic scammers'.

PayPal may or may not be directly liable for this fraud.

But certainly PayPal's safety was breached by somebody within PayPal employees.... or PayPal's data base was accessed externally.

Since this happened, PayPal's safety measures are questionable!

These may seem small amount thefts from several people, who will not pursue the matter for long; by going through time wasting PayPal complaint process. But. apparently the theft by 'Contextlogic' and their accomplices are going on for very long time.

PayPal has the duty to INVESTIGATE all these claims and REPLY.

Contextlogic Australia Pty Ltd - IS THE THIEF, and should be REPORTED to authorities.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

stevec63
New Community Member

I ordered one item using PayPal now I have 5 PayPal transactions to the above???

Login to Me Too
Solved

Unbeilvable
New Community Member

Contextlogic is scamming entity. They get access to your 'PayPal' credit card details, which is supposed to be PayPal's safety!

How? This is serious breach of PayPal's credibility and accountability.

I made and order of purchase from "Contextlogic' using PayPal. The order was never processed by seller, but my PayPal card details were used to charge and withdraw money just 2 days later! It simply means that, Contextlogic did access my PayPal card details!!!

The withdrawal's name and amount was similar to my previous PayPal payments, but this was not a withdrawal through PayPal.

This simply means, my PayPal card details were compromised and accessed by 'Contextlogic scammers'.

PayPal may or may not be directly liable for this fraud.

But certainly PayPal's safety was breached by somebody within PayPal employees.... or PayPal's data base was accessed externally.

Since this happened, PayPal's safety measures are questionable!

These may seem small amount thefts from several people, who will not pursue the matter for long; by going through time wasting PayPal complaint process. But. apparently the theft by 'Contextlogic' and their accomplices are going on for very long time.

PayPal has the duty to INVESTIGATE all these claims and REPLY.

Contextlogic Australia Pty Ltd - IS THE THIEF, and should be REPORTED to authorities.

Login to Me Too

leelaamara
This is the name that comes up when you make a purchase from Wish app. Check your wish purchases against the PayPal list and see if they match.
Login to Me Too

Temp20221222gj
New Community Member
I would like to add that the matter described here was exactly what happened to me. For some reasons, Context Logic was able to set up a payment authorisatio from my Paypal account. I was able to recover the funds with the help of my bank but now Paypal is trying to recover the funds from me for losses arising from breach of their security.
Login to Me Too

Maggiep45
Contexlogic Australia is Wish Australia. If you've set up automatic payment it with Wish it may show in a statement as Contexlogic Australia
Login to Me Too

Gureys
Contributor
Contributor
I have been charged $39/- I have not shopped with then
Login to Me Too

Draxonfly
Contributor
Contributor
CONTEXTLOGIC AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, os what shows up when you buy from the "Wish" store/app..
Login to Me Too

GCBEST1
Contributor
Contributor
I use PayPal a lot and have 5 or 6 payments out at one time they have been scamming me since 2018 and I have not noticed till now thieves scammed they need to be stopped
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @GCBEST1 and everyone!

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent payment. I can definitely understand how concerning it must be to have some kind of unrecognized or troubling activity on your account. If you need to file a dispute on the transaction, you can visit our Resolution Center to see if the transaction can be disputed. Here's a couple Help Center articles with a bit more information you may find useful: 

How do I open a dispute with a seller?

How do I report potential fraud, spoof or unauthorized transactions to PayPal?

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.