CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

jetta12
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting ready to start contacting U.S. attorneys to handle a major high profile class action lawsuit against PAYPAL for it's corrupt and unethical business practices towards its customers.

So who is onboard?  

Contact me. 

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Livin84
Contributor
Contributor
I am on board
Login to Me Too

shoogie
Contributor
Contributor

Count me in! I have open disputed with two different companies that nothing is being done about.

Login to Me Too

Bubba100
Contributor
Contributor

They are a bunch of crooks and should be prosecuted.

Login to Me Too

dlubanski58
Contributor
Contributor

definitely agree unfair and illegal practices...put threw charges on my unactivated charge card over and over again...then looked for a loop hole to still charge me

Login to Me Too

bear2noodl
Contributor
Contributor

IM SO IN I got so much to say

Login to Me Too

Vigilant22
Contributor
Contributor

I am IN!

Contact me at:

<Removed>

Login to Me Too

amyhennc65
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yall.   Did anyone ever do anything here about the PayPal stuff they do and do not do. I am now having MAJOR issues with them denying a dispute I filed.  I get hacked or something finding out close to a grand was charged to my account only to have the dispute completely denied and wake up with a big fat red (deficit) in my personal checking.  Turns out that they denied me and reversed all the original credits I had been given and they did it to the debit side of my account.  The original thefts came off my credit side.  Now I can not use my PayPal at all even IF I tried, its shows like I owe it the money they denied on my claim when they made a huge error.  I tried and tried to chat and then emailed them numerous times only no one bothered to do anything to fix any of this so it sat for weeks.  I refuse to pay payments until this is fixed and I feel respected and that I matter and count.  Is this not why banks and places like the giant PayPal has insurance, just for situations exactly like this.  Do you know how they made me feel denying my claim and throwing me into that huge red deficit in my account.?  I felt they did not have my back, did not stand up for me and did not believe me.  I am the debtor, I am the one to have to pay back all the money and take years to do that!!!!!!!!! I am the one that is having to pay the high interest rates, I am the one that said I did not know about or authorize charges that I discovered on my account.  I felt completely alone, helpless, belittled and ostracized by them.  Hell, to be honest I felt completely bullied to be real!!!!!!  I am the one that is now going to be reported with a late payment on my credit file that I have so diligently been working on/cleaning up preparing to buy my girls and I our very own first home.  This is our dream and PayPal is literally walking all over it. I am also the one getting late fee charges on my credit card on this issue that NO ONE there bothered to help me with or attend to or fix.  I am the one who has for close to 2 months now been inconvenienced by PayPal by not being able to use my credit card issue from PayPal or my debit side of my account.  A huge error on the part of PayPal has caused not only my credit card side of my PayPal account to be unusable, my debit side or my personal checking and debit card can not be used either, forcing me to charge any current, on going, and  or monthly obligations to either go unpaid for the time until PayPal does clear me and my account up on this issue.  I have not been able to enjoy the mutual, before stress free, no longer that, relationship that I at one time held with PayPal.  Also I am dealing with multiple, daily, voicemails, and constant nonstop calls from their issuing bank, Synchrony to harass me about the defaulted payment/s.  I also have experience a great deal of suffering in the remainder of my credit life or my financial situation as Synchrony is also the issuer of at least 3 or 4 of other major credit cards I hold which is causing them to look also into other accounts I hold with them and in instances lower my limits on some of my current credit cards, even completely voiding or stopping all together some other  credit card status at all with other companies.

Login to Me Too

NotHappyInIL
New Community Member

I've just encountered the same problem with a denial of my claim. I've been using PP for several years and have never filed a claim. Recently I got a charge that I disputed. I believe that either identity fraud or a system error that allowed a purchase to be made under my account. I did make a valid purchase just after the fraudulent one was processed. When I tried to confirm my actual purchase, my screen flashed with a brief error msg saying that there was a problem with it (invalid authentication or something similar). I reloaded the page and tried again. This time my purchase went through. When I looked at my account at the merchant, all that showed was the purchase I| actually made. When I went to look at my PP account, both my purchase and the fraudulent one showed, attributed to the same merchant. I reported this and asked how both my purchase and the fraudulent one could appear on PP but not on my account on the merchant's site. NO ANSWER. Claim denied. I appealed and requested an investigation in conjunction with the merchant. The investigation consisted of reading my IP address. I already stated that the fraudulent purchase appeared on my PP account, so yes, my IP address would appear also. Not exactly a Sherlock moment. Someone who was honestly investigating would have contacted the merchant to have them examine their online records. I would think PP would be interested in identifying and correcting system vulnerabilities. I guess not. It doesn't matter who pays for a transaction, as long as PP gets its money. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NotHappyInIL 

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that you were not hacked then they would close the claim.

If both transactions were completed but the merchant only received x1 order then why did you not open a claim for a billing dispute? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.