Buyer sold off item and then wants a refund?

cmanc
New Community Member

He put a claim against me saying item was not as described and wants a full refund. Just saw my PayPal in the negative. How can someone do this? I need help if PayPal will even do it. I have all evidence of him selling off some of the items I sold to him. He claims the items are not as described, but all photos were posted on the ad. Has anyone ever experienced this? I hope paypal helps with this issue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cmanc 

How can someone do this?

Easy. If a customer is not satisfied with their order, they have 180 days to dispute either with PayPal or their bank/card issuer.

Keep communications within the dispute. Did customer admit he sold off the item, why exactly they are not satisfied, or what is not as described in the dispute?

PayPal does not generally cover significantly not as described (SNAD) claims unless customer admits to buyer’s remorse. See what PayPal considers SNAD or not SNAD: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/buyer-protection#snad-claims

You can challenge the claim by escalating the dispute to a claim. This gets PayPal involved and ask each party for additional information.

If PayPal rules in favor of buyer, they’re asked to return item at their expense or lose the claim. If they return an empty box or sends item to nearby address, appeal the case as “buyer abuse”.

The buyer can also fall back on their chargeback rights if the PayPal claim don’t work out in their favor. So be prepared to respond to the chargeback through the Resolution Center IF that happens with all that went on in the PayPal claim. PayPal will add their info to it and submit it to the buyer’s financial institution for a decision.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.