Buyer says item isnt delivered, ebay says it is.Post says address is wrong. Chances with dispute?

Kasivoide
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a POD item on ebay on Sept 30th. My provider sent it via tracked mail to an address listed both on ebay and paypal.

Now in the evening Nov 10th, the buyer wrote she didnt receive the item. The tracking shows that postal services tried to deliver item multiple times between Oct 16th and Oct27th, but the address was wrong, and afterwards, the item was put in storage and set to be returned to sender. Although on the morning Nov 10th there was a weird tracking status "Package anomaly, manual close". Ebay marked the package as delivered. Buyer claims she didnt get it, also she claims the address she gave is correct, but her phone number was "old", meaning postmen couldn't contact her.

She mentioned contacting the shipping company in her country in order to try to arrange a pickup, according to her it didn't work out.

I contacted my POD, they offered to reship the item for an additional fee and gave a deadline to decide. After the deadline they will send the item to be utilised. I told it all to the buyer but she refused to pay and now demands me "to start a request with my shipping provider".

Obviously the buyer didnt answered my question on what has prevented her from getting in touch with her postal services to receive the damn parcel when they had it.

Also those events on Nov 10th when at first tracking status is "Package anomaly, manual close" and then the buyer contacts me about not recieved item look quite suspicious to me.

The question is: what are my chances if she opens a dispute on paypal? Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.