Buyer is required to return items for a refund. What happens if they refuse to do so?

AlexMarieArts
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a buyer who I am lead to believe is trying to scam me out of my items, simply put.

Before this, they already tried to file that his item was not received despite me providing proof of delivery. Paypal sided with me on this one.
Now that they magically have the item, as they should, they are opening a new case claiming that it was "Not as described/Damaged" without providing any descriptors of what exactly is wrong with it. I responded to this in the Resolution Center with proof of his invoice (image of the item included on it,) as well as proof of the tracking and the label itself. My current case is ongoing, but Paypal has ruled that the buyer should return my item.

So, my question is: What happens to my items/money if they refuse to return the item before the time allotted by Paypal?
I can imagine they're not happy having to return it instead of getting something for free. Hmph. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlexMarieArts 

If paypal has told them to return the item, then they have to do so 'trackable' and provide paypal with that tracking number to prove the item has been delivered back to you.

They would have to bear the costs of the return, but they can claim back under the return shipping policy if they have activated it.

If tracking does not show delivery before the date given by paypal for the return then you may win that claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AlexMarieArts
Contributor
Contributor

Ah okay, this is very reassuring to hear!

I had extreme doubts given the nature of this buyer, who has also been extremely verbally abusive. I'm hoping Paypal sees what he has done in their decision-making. But alas, if he does return the item, I'd be happy to sell it again to someone who would appreciate it. If he doesn't return the item, I'd be happy just to win the claim and keep my assets, because he's certainly not getting it for free.

Thanks for the response! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.