Buyer didn't pickup item. Paypal refunded...

seller99
Contributor
Contributor

I sold on ebay a 3080 oem graphics card in April for € 1540 + € 50 postage. I listed on the notice that there are no refunds!

Now, however, the buyer did not pick up the product in the mail and paypal closed the case with buyer security in favor of the buyer.

I had opened a statement from my post office after the package had been traveling for 2 months. And I got a written answer from there:
"Hey xxxx,

Thank you for your message. Sorry for the late reply.

The shipment EExxxxxx is returning to Finland because the recipient did not pick up the shipment from the local office. He was contacted several times and was called before the return, but he was not in St. Petersburg.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the recovery may take longer than usual due to the coronavirus situation. "

This proves that the buyer had the opportunity to apply and had been sought but deliberately failed to apply. Maybe he got the card from elsewhere or taxes and duties surprised or something else ...

I find it absolutely ridiculous that I have to refund the full amount if the buyer does not pick up the product in the mail. I have to pay: postage to the destination country € 50, ebay fee € 164, paypal fee € 86, postage back here € 50 (estimate will only be known when I receive the card), and another paypal solution fee of € 16. As well as the value of the card has decreased and it would now be about 1100 - 1200 €.

On top of all that, the card has now been on its way for 4 months and has still not returned here. According to the monitoring, it is in this country, but has not yet arrived here.

Thanks to this case, I will lose about € 600. That amount should definitely go to the buyer!

All the information has been provided to paypall and initially resolved the case in my favor, but when the buyer complained through the credit card company the case was reopened and decided in favor of the buyer.

I don’t understand why a case should be decided 100% in favor of another. If I get a card I can of course refund part of the payment, but this is not fair that I have to pay all the expenses just because the buyer came to the street.

In the future, I really dare not sell through ebay and Paypall.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@seller99 

Because it's a credit card chargeback, not a PayPal dispute where the terms are more broader than PayPal’s. If buyer’s card refunded buyer, PayPal has to refund the bank and hold you liable. At least you’re getting item back eventually to resell to recoup the €600. Some people don’t have to return item at all with these chargebacks or try to claim the item after they win the dispute. This is what can happen with selling.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

seller99
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got the package back, but it's full of sawdust...

2021-08-12 11.24.02.jpg

This type of scam normal? In Russia it's possible to open package before delivery?

Is there anything I can do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.