Buyer claims un-authorized transaction (chargeback), after he received items

Sir_Ricardo

Hi, so I am long time seller and now I am experiencing some scam. I am selling only digital goods and one day customer bought one of my digital items. After I received payment I sent him that item. After few days from bought, I received notification from paypal that transaction was un-authorized and that buyer demands chargeback. So I have contact him if everything is alright, if he need help with something. He told me that he is happy and that he didn't ask for chargeback. So I was really confused what the hell is going on. I sent paypal proofs of delivery. After like 8 days I received another notification where paypal state that buyer has won the case (so he got all money back + I got fees). I really don't know what to do now. It seems like scam to me, but now I can't event reopen that case. Can someone help me please? Thanks for every response.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sir_Ricardo 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, however seller protection does not cover digital / virtual items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.