Buyer claims they're missing 1 of the 2 items in the package!

MrCatsoup
Contributor
Contributor

I'm the seller and I sold 2 items to the buyer, in which they paid via invoice and I shipped them out shortly after, along with tracking and signature required. The two items I sold I put them in their original manufacture's box and then put both inside a bigger box, this way I only needed to pay for shipping one package. The package wasn't even delivered at their address because of signature required and they weren't present, they rescheduled the delivery and picked up at the postal office instead. And when they opened the box they claimed their was only one item inside. Which is impossible because I know for certain I put both items inside the box.

There's also many thing off about what the buyer is claiming. The weight of the package when I sent it out was exactly 18lbs, I contacted the post office I shipped it at and they confirmed with me the package I shipped weighted 18lb, they even printed out a receipt of the package which states 18lb on there. But the buyer is saying the package was only 10lbs when he received it! I asked the buyer for pictures of the box and item and in the picture he did in fact have one of the items but missing the other. I recognized the item in the picture and it was the 1 of the 2 item I sent, and it was on the bottom of the box whereas the second item should've been stacked on top of it, but it wasn't.

I don't know what to do, I clearly sent out both items, otherwise the weight would've been way lighter when they weighted it when I shipped it out. 18lb to 10lb is impossible, someone definitely tampered with the package. My only proof from my end are the receipt the postal office provided me that clearly states the initial weight of the package. I've already contacted my postal office and the buyer's. Please if anyone can give me advice on what to do. I've sold dozens of times on PayPal and have never had to deal with this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrCatsoup 

You could refund the buyer for the missing item and then claim from the courier with any insurance that you took out OR you can wait for the buyer to open a paypal dispute.

However if and only if they win then they would have to return what they received back to you (trackable to prove delivery) before you had to refund the total amount that they paid.

Paypal does not get involved in part refunds or part returns so unless you can resolve things between you before they open a dispute OR in the dispute stage before it gets escalated to a claim then that is what 'may' happen.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.