Business Account Limited Out of Nowhere!!!

MutantStatus
New Community Member

I am so frustrated and I am curious how I can’t resolve this. I have a new comic book company and have started to see an influx of payments using PayPal business and I literally just went in to copy my profile link and got an email that PayPal will no longer do business with you!? I have 0 chargebacks and have had 0 issues. This is absolutely insane. Luckily I just did a pull down of funds otherwise this would probably ruin my business to have funds held for 6 months. This sounds more like the mob than a business… PayPal you are not a bank you can’t freeze funds with no explanation.. I’m furious

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MutantStatus 

PayPal you are not a bank you can’t freeze funds with no explanation

Thought it was the other way round…banks have to give you a reason and non-banks don’t.

”Our decision about holds, limitations and reserves may be based on confidential criteria that are essential to our management of risk and the protection of PayPal, our customers and/or service providers. We may use proprietary fraud and risk modeling when assessing the risk associated with your PayPal account. In addition, we may be restricted by regulation or a governmental authority from disclosing certain information to you about such decisions. You agree that we have no obligation to disclose the details of our risk management or security procedures to you.” — Holds, Limitations, and Reserves

If you said that you got an influx of payments, that might be a reason, perhaps because of copyright or IP, or a false positive by the security system. File a complaint at bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to request another account review to restore account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.