Bestdeal1961 - not honoring warranty

LM1918
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased a Sirius radio receiver with a Lifetime subscription which lost its subscription 7 months later.  Contacted the seller and they quickly sent me a replacement and I returned the original one to them using their label.   Now the replacement has lost its Lifetime Subscription.  The company was provided the SID number and responded they could not find a record of the sale.  They asked for the date of sale which was provided and I explained this was the replacement head SID not the original since I no longer had it.      Since that time, there has been no response from Bestdeal1961.

Contacted Ebay and the customer service person said they must be a good company because they had high ratings.  Are they kidding?  Not sure the person I spoke to has ever realized those ratings are done just after the product arrives not later when a problem occurs.  I just found this forum so maybe there are lots of others having trouble with this company.
C

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

Lifetime warranty means every time you have a problem with the product and a defect from manufacturer "for example it didn't deliver what it's supposed to deliver" You're entitled for a replacement, But the catch it's always one replacement. But you can always dispute the charge and let PayPal investigate, PayPal can do what we can't do, They have more power

Login to Me Too

LM1918
Contributor
Contributor

The radio receiver works just fine, it is just the Sirius Lifetime subscription has run out.  This being the second time it has happened is very aggravating.  PayPal said there was nothing they could do.

The PayPal customer service person, Maybelean Joy (they sent me a her name on a survey) was a real piece of work.  All she could say was the seller had great ratings.  Yeah they do, but we rate sellers when we first get items.  

The seller has never contacted me about anything since I sent them the sales date information.

Login to Me Too

Hoseclamp
Contributor
Contributor
Going through this with them currently. One week of several emails and messages through eBay, got the reply “no record please send docs etc” so I did. Been 8 days since I’ve heard a reply since. They’re a fraud, looks like they get a cheap used radio unit, tag on a subscription, then charge twice the cost as a lifetime, let it run out, and hide since eBay doesn’t have any format to complain or effect the seller in any way past a certain date. Scammers like this ruin great services.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Hoseclamp,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered difficulty with a subscription where you are no longer receiving the service. If you paid through PayPal, a dispute through PayPal would be able to be opened within 6 months of the purchase date. I regret that if 7 months has elapsed, a dispute could not be opened.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Hoseclamp
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you olivia, I’m fully aware, more importantly the vendor is fully aware of this also, hence why they are selling radios with fraudulent subscriptions, then deny any transaction took place long after eBay or PayPal protection runs out. The buyer has no recourse with such fraud.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.