Besla Technology Fraud

EricaFDP
Contributor
Contributor

This company has plagiarized a handmade Christmas ornament I sell in my Etsy shop. They are clearly overseas and since it was under $20 I ordered one to see what they would actually send. Well, the website is pretty much static, no where to check orders or contact customer service. (I ordered from a FB ad after being alerted by several people) The company in the ad was called <Removed> but it is actually <Removed>

I never received anything, alerted PayPal and suddenly got tracking information that went nowhere. A few days later PayPal closed the dispute as the tracking showed delivery December 7 though I received nothing.

I'm sure PayPal doesn't care enough to look further as there is no where for me to dispute the decision, but I wanted to get the name of the phony company out there so others can be aware.

Thanks for listing if anyone reads this!

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

cyclingrob3
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I ordered from a company called Smilemouth which looked like it was a UK seller but turned out to be Besla Technology of China / Hong Kong. Item never arrived so I logged a claim with PayPal. Eventually PayPal closed the claim in Besla's favour as the item was showing as delivered by Royal Mail even though nothing was received. I understand why PayPal close the case but I don't understand how Royal Mail are showing something as delivered that never was.
Login to Me Too

rudysfeed

Really disappointed that PayPal declined my dispute.  As I clearly see here, it is an issue with others and that should hold some merit. This company should not be allowed to continue business utilizing the PayPal Site for payment.  Reason for my claim being denied is that Besla Technology provided PayPal with tracking info that the package was delivered.  I never received any status of the shipment being in process, on its way, or delivered.  The only shipment info I received (after asking for it numbers times) was that a label was created.  The shipping site they provided is also bogus as it gave several window options to open but it never provided any time of information.  So I'm out $67.  How many complaints does it take for PayPal to deny services to a company that is bogus?  

Login to Me Too

MJC100
Contributor
Contributor
My initial claim was also declined as Besla produced a bogus delivery/ shipping number saying that it had been delivered. I then emailed Besla again wanting notification of delivery. They answered by stating that item was being shipped and to wait for delivery- not what they told PayPal! I then opened another complaint with PayPal referring to Besla telling me that they were shipping item. Also stated that tracking number didn’t exist and Besla wouldn’t let me know who the delivery company was. I have now received a refund into my ‘wallet’ to be used with my next purchase via PayPal. This is OK by me as I use them quite a bit. Finally a result. Just goes to show that Besla’s reply to emails is just a general answer and proved that they lied to PayPal re item had already been delivered. PayPal are now investigating this further.
Login to Me Too

ToddU72

I had the same exact thing happen to me and finally got it resolved in my favor this morning. I had to call my local Post Office with the tracking number that the vendor supplied and ask them to confirm that the delivery completion was actually not sent to my address. Then I had to wade through the PayPal phone system to trick it into letting me get through to an actual customer service human. The rep was very friendly and helpful, she called my local post office herself, confirmed that the vendor used a fake address to "confirm delivery" and then she reopened my dispute that they'd previously closed and was able to finally issue me a refund. I'm very grateful to her, and very disgusted that this scam has succeeded against so many people.

Login to Me Too

EricaFDP
Contributor
Contributor

Bravo to you and your tenacity!!!!

Login to Me Too

Temp20210626b
Contributor
Contributor
Same as me getting a refund 🤞 can’t believe how they scam everyone good for you
Login to Me Too

JenniBean1985
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to get a refund from PayPal for my "purchase" from Besla. After raising the case they apparently contacted Besla (although I have no idea what Besla said), reviewed their response and then just issued me a refund a few days later - no dispute, no further information required, just a refund for the full amount. This is what I said when I raised the case if anyone else finds it useful:

This company is very clearly a scam. You have so many customers complaining about this company on your community pages all with the same issue - they order an item, receive a tracking link which eventually shows the item stops progressing, they open a dispute with you, Besla provide a fake tracking number which "proves" the item was delivered and you allow your customers to be ripped off by denying them a refund. A screenshot of the tracking page I received is attached. Please note the order number is 1498202106020417081#### and the tracking number is 1173863384300118#### so that when Besla provide you "proof" the item has been delivered you can check their "proof" matches - something other customers have already complained about. You KNOW this company is ripping people off, do the right thing and provide your buyers with the protection you promised them. This item has NOT been delivered!

Good luck to anyone else who have been ripped off by these scammers.

Login to Me Too

Trina77
Contributor
Contributor
My post office won't confirm that it went to another address as its braking their confidentiality even if they don't tell PayPal the address it went too grr
Login to Me Too

Trina77
Contributor
Contributor

same thing happened to me. I ordered an item from them costing £35 and got a string of emails with tracking information from america, through two sets of customs, currently residing in loncoln uk. 

Emails stopped so I raised a dispute with paypal who found in their favour as they provided evidence that it has been delivered by royal mail wih a tracking number. I rang royal mail and that tracking number is not my parcel or my address but because its not my address they cant provide evidence to paypal as its data protection for the other person. They cant even tell them that its not my address associated with that tracking number because apparantly for all they know the merchant has sent me a parcel and it has arrived, yes but not with that tracking number! Not their problem apparantly take it up with the police!!! 

Paypal have no advised to raise a dispute with my bank and they will work together to get my refund hmm let's see shall we!

Login to Me Too

shirleyb5
Contributor
Contributor

Don't you wonder how many times a crooked company like Besla has to commit fraud before PayPal stops honoring any of their claims?  I wish some state attorneys or Federal attorneys would investigate Besla and PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.