Been scammed but PayPal took scammers side

Rachel478
New Community Member
I sold something valuable on eBay, the buyer was from Sri Lanka and didn’t want to take the chance on choosing family and friends, they also agreed with me to go for the cheaper postage which didn’t track outside of the UK and that they accept the risk if anything happens but then they claimed they didn’t receive the item, reported to PayPal and PayPal took all that money back off me again which was a substantial amount! So I am out all the money plus I have lost my valuable item. I tried to tell PayPal this and provided evidence but they wouldn’t give me back my money. Any advice or help please?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rachel478 

Insurance is for your protection not the buyers.

Buyers know that if you can't provide trackable proof of delivery of the item to them that they get a refund.

So its not in their interest to pay extra when they can get their money back without doing so.

Anything over about £20 I always send with tracking or insurance if pricier and under £20 I take the risk, but its my risk not the buyers as if it gets lost in the post refunding is up to me. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.