Bank acct hacked thru paypal

pandora6558
Contributor
Contributor

My son does not keep funds in PP. He only transfers money from bank to PP to pay for anything. Well his PP was hacked and they went into his bank acct thru PP and transferred funds from his bank acct to PP which they got. He reported to PP, had a long investigation, and it was denied! So who was responsible the bank or PP? Which came first the chicken or the egg? PP denied, we are going to speak to a bank branch manager tomorrow.  Anyone else have this happen?

What can we do? Wouldn't this be PP responsibility? Why is PP so vunerable?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly why I've been so desperately trying to get my financial data deleted from PayPal.

You should definitely file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, but that's just a prelude as this is something with the potential to fuel a lawsuit. Running this by an attorney is definitely a good idea. After that, you might try and reach out to the media - outfits like PayPal get a lot more reasonable when there's public pressure on them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.