BT*PPGF UBER VACCINE WASHINGTON DC

DP56
Contributor
Contributor

A charge on my credit card from this "entity"appearing to be PayPal Giving Fund? ... I never did this and do not recognize.

A new scam?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mlhas
New Community Member

Same thing here, and charged a credit card that I have but that is not connected to my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

DP56
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that confirmation. I have requested my card Co. block all future charges from this merchant and investigate for fraud and compromised account.

Login to Me Too

KonnieChiWah
New Community Member

Do you recall making any donations on that date to the International Rescue Committee (IRC) -- or any other charity through "UBER Donate"? 

Because I did.  So it showed up on the credit card (statement) that I made the donation on, which is NOT linked to my PayPal account. 

However, it appears that the IRC organization processed the donation through THEIR PayPal account under PayPal Giving Fund (PPGF), which is why it threw me off.  I too thought it was a fraudulent charge at first, until I checked my emails and saw a receipt showing that I had in fact made a donation to the IRC on the charge date. (Whew!)  

I don't know why some organizations don't always show their name when posting charges.  It really causes confusion, and I am sure they miss out on those donations if folks report them as fraudulent charges because they go un-recognized.  It seems counter-productive.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.