BEWARE ---- GOT RIPPED OFF FROM A SELLER - SCAM SELLER

pmazzuchelli
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a product and Paypal does not do any research or investigation regarding a claim.  There is a new scam going on where when you order on a website and pay through Paypal the seller sends the item to a different address in your city.  This makes it so that Paypal will not research or investigate so this is a new scam that sellers are doing with Paypal.  So the item that I purchase was not delivered and sent to an address in my town which I did not receive.  According to USPS the item according to their records had a different address but they give the tracking number to Paypal and that substantiates the claim saying it was delivered.  So needless to say I am out the money as well as the merchandise, so their guarantee policy is a bunch of bull.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @pmazzuchelli

Welcome to the Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent dispute. Normally, when PayPal is investigating an Item Not Received dispute, it is correct that our teams will look for proof the item was delivered based on the shipping company's tracking information and the transaction's details - which is normally the city, state, and postal code. 

However, if you reach out to the shipping company, they should be able to provide some kind of documentation stating the package was not delivered to your address. They may not be able to confirm specifically which address it was delivered to, but that's fine, it's just important to confirm it was delivered to the address on the transaction's details. 

Once you have that documentation, I recommend reaching back out to PayPal's Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page to see what options there may be for an appeal.

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Churchlady2
New Community Member
Me too. Just this month. UPS confirmed there was not a satisfactory proof of delivery. Doesn’t matter to PayPal. PayPal enables this stealing.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.