BDO took back the money I transferred from Paypal and now I have a negative balance

irraexc
Contributor
Contributor

On October 21, 2021, I transferred a rather large amount of money from my PayPal account to my BDO bank account. The next day, I was going to buy something when I found my BDO bank account holding a negative balance. The transaction history showed me that branch name RECON UNIT has took the same exact amount I transferred from PayPal yesterday to my account, the description written is C8 VFF NO SET 10.22.21.

I have submitted a case in PayPal's resolution center and they said that they found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized, and then closed the case. So I called BDO hotline and the agent said that they took back the money because PayPal did not remit the amount to them, and told me to contact PayPal again. Now I have sent a message on PayPal assistant because I can't open another case on the same transaction, they did not respond yet. I saw similar issues posted here but they said it was BDO's fault and that they have received the money back after a few days. What if the one at fault this time is PayPal? Will I still get my hard earned money back?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

zdran_elle
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Yes. I was able to get it back. I think I waited for 48hours for my funds to reflect on my BDO account. But I also sent a message to paypal.
Login to Me Too

jantinnerezo
Contributor
Contributor

That's great,  I got mine in 24 hours

Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

jantinnerezo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @zdran_elle 

I hope you are good!

This happened to me again unfortunately but this time it's a little bit longer than the first, I ask because it happened to you on a Friday, and did the money return during weekends or Monday?

I am hoping you can still respond, Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

zdran_elle
Contributor
Contributor
As far as I can remember, it was credited back to my account after 48hours.
Login to Me Too

Pulidojm22
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone , I also experienced this issue today and I'm very frustrated and stressed I really need the money I transfered a money from paypal to bdo last night but today morning when I'm going to withdraw my money the balance is 0 and it's shows also the recon unit c8 vff and I'm afraid that my money will not back to me as I really need the money for emergency ..who should I call who' should be the responsible here is it the PayPal or the bdo...where it will back to bdo or to PayPal? Bdo told me that PayPal reversed the money but PayPal said they are not allowed to withdraw money from bank without authorization. PayPal cs is not responding. What should I do for now pls help me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.