cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDO took back the money I transferred from Paypal and now I have a negative balance

Options
irraexc
Contributor
Posted on

On October 21, 2021, I transferred a rather large amount of money from my PayPal account to my BDO bank account. The next day, I was going to buy something when I found my BDO bank account holding a negative balance. The transaction history showed me that branch name RECON UNIT has took the same exact amount I transferred from PayPal yesterday to my account, the description written is C8 VFF NO SET 10.22.21.

I have submitted a case in PayPal's resolution center and they said that they found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized, and then closed the case. So I called BDO hotline and the agent said that they took back the money because PayPal did not remit the amount to them, and told me to contact PayPal again. Now I have sent a message on PayPal assistant because I can't open another case on the same transaction, they did not respond yet. I saw similar issues posted here but they said it was BDO's fault and that they have received the money back after a few days. What if the one at fault this time is PayPal? Will I still get my hard earned money back?

14 REPLIES 14

BDO took back the money I transferred from Paypal and now I have a negative balance

Options
MikkaA95
Contributor

Hi, I am currently experiencing the same situation right now.. 😞

Were you able to get your money back?

@irraexc 

Options
zdran_elle
Contributor
Hi. Were you able to get your money back? I've encountered this issue yesterday. I haven't received any response from BDO and Paypal yet. This is so frustrating. 😭

Options
MikkaA95
Contributor
Yes I did, kindly check your bank account from time to time. 🙂 Don't worry it will be back to you.

Options
zdran_elle
Contributor
Oh, you mean my BDO account right? Not on my paypal account then? Thanks so much for your response.

Options
MikkaA95
Contributor
Yes, on your BDO account 🙂 I get mine the next day. Welcome!

Options
zdran_elle
Contributor
It's Friday today, so I guess I have to wait until Monday to have my funds back. 😢

Options
zdran_elle
Contributor
Hi. Yes. I was able to get it back. But I also sent a message to paypal through their message center.

Options
zdran_elle
Contributor
Good day, I had this issue too. Unauthorized debit. Description: C8 VFF NO SET 11.11.21

Options
jantinnerezo
Contributor

Hi, did you get your money back? @zdran_elle 

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.