B8 VFF NO SET issue UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT CHARGES

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday (Nov. 24, 2020), I transferred money from Paypal to my debit card (BDO) and it went through but when I checked it today (Nov. 25, 2020) it was deducted and the description says "B8 VFF NO SET 11.24.20" with the branch name "RECON UNIT" I called BDO and they told me to contact Paypal about this issue. I couldn't find Paypal's email anywhere so I reported it in their Resolution Center and thought to post it here in the Community. I've looked around and some people say that they got their money back after 24-48 hours, but I'm very worried and my anxiety levels are going up. If anyone sees this and can share their experience like which email address did they use to contact Paypal that would be great. And if I get my money back within 24-48 hours, I'll just post again I guess. But this is what I did...

Transferred on Nov. 24, 2020. 

Transfer was successful.

Checked today Nov. 25, 2020. Money was deducted from my account.

Called BDO. They said to contact Paypal.

Sent a message through Resolution Center (because I couldn't find their email in the Contact Us page)

Posted my issue here in the Community

And now I wait...

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

mkbejerano
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Went on here to check if you all had the same experience. I just got off the phone with BDO customer service and they said it was reversed by Paypal so I should bring it up to them. I had the deduction last Sep 10 in my BDO account with the same description C8 VFF NO SET and it's Sep 12 already so I'm quite panicky because it's been 48 hours and I don't have my money back yet. But thank you all for this thread. I should stay patient & I hope I'll get mine soon.

Login to Me Too

Vyssil
Contributor
Contributor

Good day!

I received the same message "C8 VFF NO SET"... I thought someone purchased a refrigerator or something, so I panicked and transferred all the money in that account into another BDO account. I almost had my card reported stolen. However, I tried to calm myself down, and after 5 mins I carefully inspected the transaction. The same exact amount that was transferred from PayPal to my BDO account, was deducted out of the BDO account. I then continued on to call the BDO customer service hotline (028 631 8000), and spoke with a customer representative. After about 10 minutes of investigation by the represented, I was informed that BDO never received any money from PayPal so that's why the deducted that same amount out of my account.

I then began to google "C8 VFF NO SET", and I came across this page. Now, all I have to do is wait to get the money back. My next step is to call BDO again and have them escalate it. My last step is inform the person who paid my PayPal about it and ask that person if they ever received the money back.

That money went somewhere, I just need to know where. Because if my card details were somehow compromised, I am pretty sure the account would have been drained instantly. But no, it was not. So I suggest for everyone else who have had the same experience, wait it out a little bit, but make sure to contact BDO and try to get an answer. Because from what I have read through all this, BDO never gave the same response to anyone.

Login to Me Too

May061
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, C8 VFF NO SET happened to me last October 8. What did you do? Have you got your money back? If yes, how long did it take for your fund to be credited again?
Login to Me Too

May061
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, C8 VFF NO SET happened to me last October 8. What did you do? Have you got your money back?
Login to Me Too

Dyose01
Contributor
Contributor
Is your issue resolve it happen to me today.
Login to Me Too

nheljo
Contributor
Contributor
same for me.. i lt past 48h and i havent receive my money yet.. did you get it?
Login to Me Too

john5249
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me today. October 26, 2021

I'll wait it up and post an update within 24-48 hours

Login to Me Too

john5249
Contributor
Contributor

It returned within 24 hours

Login to Me Too

JESSAJID17
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get back your money?
Login to Me Too

rayshell
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me right now.Still waiting for my money to be returned.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.