B8 VFF NO SET issue UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT CHARGES

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday (Nov. 24, 2020), I transferred money from Paypal to my debit card (BDO) and it went through but when I checked it today (Nov. 25, 2020) it was deducted and the description says "B8 VFF NO SET 11.24.20" with the branch name "RECON UNIT" I called BDO and they told me to contact Paypal about this issue. I couldn't find Paypal's email anywhere so I reported it in their Resolution Center and thought to post it here in the Community. I've looked around and some people say that they got their money back after 24-48 hours, but I'm very worried and my anxiety levels are going up. If anyone sees this and can share their experience like which email address did they use to contact Paypal that would be great. And if I get my money back within 24-48 hours, I'll just post again I guess. But this is what I did...

Transferred on Nov. 24, 2020. 

Transfer was successful.

Checked today Nov. 25, 2020. Money was deducted from my account.

Called BDO. They said to contact Paypal.

Sent a message through Resolution Center (because I couldn't find their email in the Contact Us page)

Posted my issue here in the Community

And now I wait...

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. 

Like I said in my solutions. 

Yes, I got the money back and it went to my BDO account. All I did was wait but again this is based on my experience.

Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

I see. And that's good to hear. What I do is withdraw a max of 10k and it didn't happen to me again, but this is based on my experience.

Login to Me Too

Queenjewela
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, how did you report this to paypal and bdo?
Login to Me Too

nheljo
Contributor
Contributor
nowadays BDO acknowledge the B8 VFF NO SET, i called the customer service and they orient me about that issue.. Bdo was able to render some money temporary to paypal bcoz they are a partner bank. but once paypal debited their funds, bdo will widraw their render money, they paypal can fully tranfer the money in our account... bdo widraw using b8 vff for security reason for them to avoid the double transaction/debit... but until now i havent receive my money.. i called then friday afternoon, and i wait until today monday, i will call them again later afternoon to update my problem
Login to Me Too

Queenjewela
Contributor
Contributor
Hi did the bank reimbursed your moneh or paypal? How did you report it? It happened to me too 😞
Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there 🙂

Yes. As I've said in detail in this post (you probably didn't see it because of everyone's comments) and solution (if you click "go to solution"), I did get my money back and all I did was wait. I called BDO. They told me to contact Paypal. I contacted Paypal and they told me to contact my bank. Neither of them really helped me in my situation. I waited for maybe 48 hours and my money returned to my BDO bank account. But this is my experience with this.

Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

To anyone else who has experienced this:

Yes, I got my money back and all I did was wait. Within 48 hours, it was back in my account. Neither BDO nor Paypal really helped me with the issue. I read somewhere on reddit that this is a BDO security thing but I am not completely sure because the BDO representative didn't know what I was talking about. 

Also, I did some experiment and whenever I withdraw PHP10k or less, I don't get this code, but AGAIN, this is based off of my experience. I'm just sharing this in hopes that this could help ease the mind of someone with the same issue. 🙂

Login to Me Too

mamalen
Did they return this back to Paypal or BDO acc? Same thing happened to me today!
Login to Me Too

mcairajohn
is it okay now? 😞 same thing happen to me so sad
Login to Me Too

prissyama
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I also have the same issue, how can I go about it, please someone help me out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.