B8 VFF NO SET issue UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT CHARGES

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday (Nov. 24, 2020), I transferred money from Paypal to my debit card (BDO) and it went through but when I checked it today (Nov. 25, 2020) it was deducted and the description says "B8 VFF NO SET 11.24.20" with the branch name "RECON UNIT" I called BDO and they told me to contact Paypal about this issue. I couldn't find Paypal's email anywhere so I reported it in their Resolution Center and thought to post it here in the Community. I've looked around and some people say that they got their money back after 24-48 hours, but I'm very worried and my anxiety levels are going up. If anyone sees this and can share their experience like which email address did they use to contact Paypal that would be great. And if I get my money back within 24-48 hours, I'll just post again I guess. But this is what I did...

Transferred on Nov. 24, 2020. 

Transfer was successful.

Checked today Nov. 25, 2020. Money was deducted from my account.

Called BDO. They said to contact Paypal.

Sent a message through Resolution Center (because I couldn't find their email in the Contact Us page)

Posted my issue here in the Community

And now I wait...

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

RamoranL
Are they going to return it to you even without contacting them??
Login to Me Too

rayshell
Contributor
Contributor

yes, they will return it. Mine was return within 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

Dyose01
Contributor
Contributor
How many hours youve waited
Login to Me Too

nheljo
Contributor
Contributor
i want to ask when did you get your money back? i called the bank friday afternoon, they say that, it will release within that day, but i wait until today monday (i guess beacause its weekend and no banking day)
Login to Me Too

shinmarie
this happened to me now so i guess i have to wait too until monday since there's no bank operations during weeken.
Login to Me Too

mcairajohn
is it okay now? 😞 same thing happen to me and it is so frustrating and sad
Login to Me Too

imrixalvaran
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue! In fact, I just got off the phone with BDO Customer Service. I work from home and my boss is overseas so they use PayPal to get my salary to me. I transferred the money to my BDO debit card and I was able to withdraw some money from my card. But, I left some money on the card 'cause I pay my bills online. When I checked my BDO account online, there was this B8 VFF NO SET description on it so I called BDO up. Now I have to wait 2 working days 'cause they escalated the issue. I hope this gets resolved. I still have bills to pay!

Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, did BDO acknowledge B8 VFF NO SET? What did they tell you about it? I'm just curious, because the representative I talked to before didn't know what it is and told me to contact paypal about this issue. They didn't really escalate my issue or report it or anything.

Login to Me Too

imrixalvaran
Contributor
Contributor

They didn't acknowledge it. They just said they will escalate the issue and to wait for 2 business days. Probably because they have already gotten a lot of complaints over it or something. Good thing is I got my money the next day. Hope it doesn't happen again. 

Login to Me Too

missyen
Contributor
Contributor
Hiii did the bank reimbursed the money? Or the amount is back again on your PayPal account? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.