B8 VFF NO SET issue UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT CHARGES

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday (Nov. 24, 2020), I transferred money from Paypal to my debit card (BDO) and it went through but when I checked it today (Nov. 25, 2020) it was deducted and the description says "B8 VFF NO SET 11.24.20" with the branch name "RECON UNIT" I called BDO and they told me to contact Paypal about this issue. I couldn't find Paypal's email anywhere so I reported it in their Resolution Center and thought to post it here in the Community. I've looked around and some people say that they got their money back after 24-48 hours, but I'm very worried and my anxiety levels are going up. If anyone sees this and can share their experience like which email address did they use to contact Paypal that would be great. And if I get my money back within 24-48 hours, I'll just post again I guess. But this is what I did...

Transferred on Nov. 24, 2020. 

Transfer was successful.

Checked today Nov. 25, 2020. Money was deducted from my account.

Called BDO. They said to contact Paypal.

Sent a message through Resolution Center (because I couldn't find their email in the Contact Us page)

Posted my issue here in the Community

And now I wait...

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor
You’re welcome. 🙂 Same. They just told me “contact paypal” or “comtact your bank.” Sadly there’s nothing I could really do at that point. But from what I’ve read online they just waited and that’s what I did. Good luck to you 🙂
Login to Me Too

Paulpaul77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! just got it. i thinks its est around 24 hours for me. This made me really skeptical about BDO. 

Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor
That’s great to hear! Mine took a bit longer… Haha. Yeah, as far as I’ve seen, it might be a BDO thing because it looks like it’s happening to BDO clients only. I’ve only seen one reddit post (I think) that said this is actually a security thing for BDO. I don’t really know if that’s true coz most of the complaints said they just toss it back to paypal and there’s only one account of that. If it is a security thing, BDO should train their reps to know about this issue. But yah. Glad you got it back 🙂
Login to Me Too

DadMalice
New Community Member
Hello! How long did it took to get your money back? I have this issue also! May 20 then May 21 it was debited by RECON as well.. as of now it still not returning 😔
Login to Me Too

missyen
Contributor
Contributor
Hiii any update?
Login to Me Too

Dyose01
Contributor
Contributor
Did your issue resolve how longbit return back
Login to Me Too

Studio_Ponkan
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me today. I already called BDO, and they said, I should call Paypal. I guess I should just wait too! #BDOSucks

Login to Me Too

Sheilla_20
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, any update about your money? I have the same problem at the moment, should I just wait too?
Login to Me Too

missyen
Contributor
Contributor
Hiii any update on your issue or how did you resolve it because I am having the same problem.
Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

To those who will reply or ask on this topic:
I apologize if I will miss your query or don't reply to it right away or at all, but please do read everything first because most likely I'll give you the same answer.

Did you get your money back? How did you do it?

Yes, I got my money back. I just waited. The money was returned to my BDO account the next day.

How did you report it?

I called BDO, they told me to contact Paypal. I contacted Paypal through Resolution Center and Message Center (I don't know what their email is) and they told me to call my bank (BDO) about it because according to Paypal The B8 VFF NO SET is not a paypal transaction. 

Disclaimer: I’m not related nor do I know anyone from BDO or Paypal. This is based off my experience so beyond what’s written here, I’m afraid I can’t really help.

I know it’s worrying to have your hard earned money deducted for no reason, but please wait it out first. (Like 1-2 days according to the others who have experienced this) If it hasn’t returned by then, contact BDO and ask them to escalate the situation, because so far Paypal is the only one to give me some sort of answer related to this issue (see above) and it looks like the ones affected by this are BDO clients as far as I know.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.