B8 VFF NO SET issue UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT CHARGES

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday (Nov. 24, 2020), I transferred money from Paypal to my debit card (BDO) and it went through but when I checked it today (Nov. 25, 2020) it was deducted and the description says "B8 VFF NO SET 11.24.20" with the branch name "RECON UNIT" I called BDO and they told me to contact Paypal about this issue. I couldn't find Paypal's email anywhere so I reported it in their Resolution Center and thought to post it here in the Community. I've looked around and some people say that they got their money back after 24-48 hours, but I'm very worried and my anxiety levels are going up. If anyone sees this and can share their experience like which email address did they use to contact Paypal that would be great. And if I get my money back within 24-48 hours, I'll just post again I guess. But this is what I did...

Transferred on Nov. 24, 2020. 

Transfer was successful.

Checked today Nov. 25, 2020. Money was deducted from my account.

Called BDO. They said to contact Paypal.

Sent a message through Resolution Center (because I couldn't find their email in the Contact Us page)

Posted my issue here in the Community

And now I wait...

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor
I’m afraid the only solution to this is to wait 24-48 hours. I got mine within 48 hours. If you contacted bdo, they will tell you that it’s paypal’s issue and you should contact paypal about it. And if you contacted paypal, they’ll tell you they’re not familiar with this and that the transaction was successful on their end. I read somewhere that this is a bdo security thing. But I don’t think any of the reps know about it because all they’re going to say is contact paypal.
Login to Me Too

prissyama
Contributor
Contributor

ok, thank you very much, I will just have to wait. but please where will the money be refunded, my BDO account or PayPal?

Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was refunded to my BDO account. 🙂

I also took screenshots of it just in case I need proof. Screenshots of my paypal transaction (the transfer transaction) and the b8 vff in my bdo account. 

Login to Me Too

Sharmainefhem
hi good day, have you heading through the bdo branch ? and asked the teller about this issues ? we have same issue and I am so worried about it. thankyou
Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I didn't go to BDO. I just called their hotline. Within 48 hours, I got my money back but this is just my experience with it.

Login to Me Too

carponanna27
Contributor
Contributor
How I need to transfer money to my account to my card allowed wedrowed by machine
Login to Me Too

Malayabray2017
Contributor
Contributor
Hi good day. How did you inform paypal about this? The website they have is so confusing on reporting issues. Can you provide me their customer support email address as well if they have? Thank you
Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. 🙂

Unfortunately, I don't know their email address. I also tried searching for it EVERYWHERE but I couldn't find it. There's an email address when I searched google but I don't trust it if I don't see it in Paypal's official website. I messaged them through the Message center. If you're using a desktop browser, you can see the Help tab above ^ and there's Resolution Center, Ask the Community, and Message Center. I first tried with the Resolution Center and like I said in my replies in this post it didn't really help me. So I tried Message Center next and they replied to me. It took a while because of time difference but the person I talked to said they didn't know what B8 VFF NO SET was. (Please check my replies here it you want to read what they last said to me.) Only other solution I can find online is to wait for it to come back.  But yeah, if you want to talk to Paypal try their Message Center so you can talk to a representative. 

Login to Me Too

mcairajohn
is it okay now? 😞 same thing happen to me
Login to Me Too

Paulpaul77
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I talked to BDO and Paypal, basically theyre just tossing me around. I am currently waiting for it to come back. Hopefully it gets solve today.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.