B8 VFF NO SET issue UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT CHARGES

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday (Nov. 24, 2020), I transferred money from Paypal to my debit card (BDO) and it went through but when I checked it today (Nov. 25, 2020) it was deducted and the description says "B8 VFF NO SET 11.24.20" with the branch name "RECON UNIT" I called BDO and they told me to contact Paypal about this issue. I couldn't find Paypal's email anywhere so I reported it in their Resolution Center and thought to post it here in the Community. I've looked around and some people say that they got their money back after 24-48 hours, but I'm very worried and my anxiety levels are going up. If anyone sees this and can share their experience like which email address did they use to contact Paypal that would be great. And if I get my money back within 24-48 hours, I'll just post again I guess. But this is what I did...

Transferred on Nov. 24, 2020. 

Transfer was successful.

Checked today Nov. 25, 2020. Money was deducted from my account.

Called BDO. They said to contact Paypal.

Sent a message through Resolution Center (because I couldn't find their email in the Contact Us page)

Posted my issue here in the Community

And now I wait...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Last update:

My money was returned without me doing anything. I read around that it's BDO's security thing, but I wish they notified me or something before taking it out. 

I hope anyone who has experienced this would find this helpful.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update:

So I used the Resolution Center, right? and put in Unauthorized Charges because I wasn't sure how to categorize this, but they just emailed back and said:

"An update on your case.

We've reviewed your unauthorized activity case, and determined that there was no unauthorized use of your PayPal account.
This case is closed. If you're not satisfied with your purchase for other reasons, we encourage you to work with the seller to find a solution. If you can't resolve the issue with the seller, you may file a dispute in the Resolution Center.
For more information about your cases, please go to the Resolution Center."

Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Another update:

I messaged Paypal using the Message Center and I was able to talk to someone and the last thing he said was:

"I can sense the importance of this matter, but that is not a paypal transaction. The transaction ID that you have provided is for the withdrawal from your account to your bank. The B8 VFF NO SET is not a paypal transaction. I highly suggest that you talk to your bank regarding with this concern."

So if... I still haven't gotten my money back tomorrow. I will call my bank again.

Login to Me Too
Solved

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Last update:

My money was returned without me doing anything. I read around that it's BDO's security thing, but I wish they notified me or something before taking it out. 

I hope anyone who has experienced this would find this helpful.

Login to Me Too

Guevarrandrea
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me tonight. I guess i have to wait until Monday
Login to Me Too

Malayabray2017
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back? This issue happened to me yesterday. Dud you contact PayPal? Please help. Thank you!
Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. 🙂

So I like I said in the replies of my post. Yes, I did get my money back. It took around 24-48 hours before it came back to my account. And the way I contacted Paypal was through their Resolution Center and Message center. I think it's in there help page. Unfortunately, none of them could really solve it because they don't recognize this B8 VFF NO SET code at all. I also contacted BDO but all they said was that it's Paypal's problem not theirs. So basically, they're just tossing the blame at this point. I've looked around google and almost everyone who has experienced this problem just said to wait so that's what I did and sure enough it came back to my account. I saw a post on reddit that said that they were able to talk to a more higher up employee at BDO and they said it's BDO's way of making sure it isn't a fraudulent transaction or something like that. I'm not sure though.

Login to Me Too

missyen
Contributor
Contributor
Hii I have the same problem. Did they credit it again to your bank or to your Paypal? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

mcairajohn
is it okay now? 😞 same thing happen to me this March 11
Login to Me Too

meranerasos
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. It's okay now. If you've read the "Accepted Solution", which should be under the description of the problem, I stated that I was able to get my money back without doing anything. I've also replied to all the inquiries here and said that I waited maybe 1-2 days. (I can't recall anymore.) Unfortunately, I don't have an explanation as to why this happened. I just waited for it to come back and it did. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.