Authentication required, Having to authenticate every time I log in

david563
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I log I try to log in I get the message 

Authentication required, As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you.

Anyone know why or how to avoid this every single time I log in, it's quite frustrating. 

I aprechiate the need every now and again but every single time is really annoying.

Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@david563 

No way to avoid it, if its triggered you have to complete it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fizziefee
Contributor
Contributor
Hope you seeing you had a response and it just being this, isn't too disappointing. Just wanted to say this is happening to me too. I can log into my PayPal app multiple times a day and every time I have to have a code texted to me first. I also understand the extra level of security, occasionally, every time is inconvenient (plus if someone was logging in from my phone then they would have access to the coded text anyway!) and an overkill. Hoping by replying this may bump the topic and someone might have an idea why it keeps happening. Ta.
Login to Me Too

abtekk
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this problem despite the fact I have 2FA enabled with a security device that is already generating keys for me. It's getting stupid now.

Login to Me Too

Josie0000
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, its a real chore now and I try to avoid paypal when possible now, especially when like others I need to access the service usually several times a day, proper pain in the neck!

Login to Me Too

davidharley
New Community Member

yeah, I agree. I have to authorise every single transaction now. It's insane. It's actually easier to pay by card, entering all the details than it is to use PayPal lately. Whatever update they have used, it is a big fail.

They do have a page where you can register companies for easier payments, but (surprise, surprise), it doesn't work.

Login to Me Too

PeterR
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this problem.  I think sometimes it goes away, but then I'll have to get codes several times in one day.  Surely the necessary cookies must be in place.

Login to Me Too

Josie0000
Contributor
Contributor

This crap is happening yet again, 6 different codes I've had today trying to use 1 account, and 3 on another, what is the point! It's not authenticating anything other than paypal is getting increasingly irritating and unusable!

Does anyone from paypal care to read this post and attempt to help??

Login to Me Too

PeterR
Contributor
Contributor

I got hold of PayPal online and I think we turned this off at https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/profile/loginSecurity

I still get occasional requests but not all the time.

Kind regards

Peter

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.