Are you protected paypal via facebook messenger?

joeman22
New Community Member

Someone is asking for payment via paypal facebook messenger.

will I be protected for this order?

The item would be shipped to me

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joeman22

as long as you send payment as goods and services, not friends and family, you'll have purchase protection but keep in mind that purchase protection is not 100% guarantee and has it's limitations so it depends on entirely if you your transaction meets eligibility. 

Click "legal" at the bottom of the page to look up the buyer protection policy in the User agreement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ricardoguntur
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But I don't see an option to select goods and services or friends and family in the messenger option. I too was asked to pay via paypal but through facebook.

Capture2.PNG

Login to Me Too

Madatom
New Community Member
Exactly my question. Seems no one knows the answer.
Login to Me Too

Farewellryguy
New Community Member
I have the same question and can't find the answer...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MelDav36 

It does not auto send as friends/family, you have to choose that option to send payment.

Seller may ask for it but that does not mean you negate your buyer protection by doing so. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MelDav36
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah you’re not protected. Only real protected way of paying is an actual PayPal invoice, unless it’s buying from a platform like fb marketplace then you are protected using the blue buy it now button only
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.