Approved refund is for the wrong amount

Ubertim2019
Contributor
Contributor

I booked a hotel in March and then canceled prior to check in by calling the hotel before the end of my deadline as directed in the terms and conditions of the booking.  I was charged for the hotel even though I canceled.  The hotel would not work with me so I filed a dispute on the transaction.  The hotel never responded to the dispute in the allotted time so Paypal approved and refunded the money only it was the wrong amount refunded due to the way the hotel charged my card.  The hotel was booked as a two night reservation but the hotel charged as two separate one night reservations.  When I disputed the charge I explained this was a two night booking but apparently was not clear enough with my description.  I can't open a dispute on the refund and it seems getting in touch with Paypal during the hours I work (3rd Shift Eastern Standard Time) is not as easy as I thought.  I can't just send an email I have to either chat with them or call them neither of which I can do due to work therefore, I am reaching out to my peers for the answer to this dilemma.  If I do not have enough information in this for anyone to be able to assist me my email is my user name at gmail and I will be glad to provide any further details to resolve this issue  I appreciate your help and thank you for taking the time to read my issue.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ubertim2019 

File a complaint at bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA with case ID to request a review of the case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ubertim2019
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the advice. I'm going to give PayPal a chance to correct it and then if they do not I will most certainly give this avenue a shot.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.