Anyone else receive a fake invoice with the following message from a Matlub [removed]?

ai18
Contributor
Contributor

Received the following invoice from a Matlub [removed]. Made sure to cancel it immediately rather than accidentally paying the invoice.

A Payment of $1,199.00 has been debited from your account for purchasing an iPhone 13 Pro Max, 256GB 6GB RAM. This charge amount will be displayed on the account statement as a payment to iPhoneShop. Please contact us if you have any question for this order. Call Our PayPal Customer Support at [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Also, We have attached an invoice of $9.99 for the Security Application of iPhone 13 Pro Max as requested by you. Thankyou for your business.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 3.36.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 3.35.46 PM.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ai18
Contributor
Contributor

ScreenshotsScreen Shot 2022-04-14 at 3.36.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-14 at 3.35.46 PM.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @ai18

Sorry to hear of the email you received.

Great catch! It sounds like you were aware this was a phishing email. You can find steps to report these emails to us here

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

swtwtrgin
Contributor
Contributor
Tricia- these are not emails, they are invoices in our account. This person needs to have their account closed with prejudice. I’ve already changed my password and canceled the invoice. I want him stopped before some poor unsuspecting innocent gets robbed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.