Anyone else get payments refused by paypal with no clear evidence of compliance problem?

Asterion
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal to pay for items for some time.  Recently I attempted to pay for an order and it got bumped by Aliexpress, pushing me back to the payment provider.   PayPal stated the payment was refused on a issue of "compliance" but did not provide specific information as to what the actual problem was.

My Visa card had plenty of funds on it, I had actually moved additional cash onto the card to carry the purchase.   I had made a separate purchase from AliExpress hours before AND a purchase from AliExpress not long after the failed purchase. 

So, no "compliance" problem between PayPal and AliExpress was actually evident, since there were transactions either side of the failed transaction.   That is, PayPal and AliExpress are probably in bed together at a higher corporate level so how would you get to AliExpress being non-compliant in the same way a casual wedding planner business might be?

If I was using PayPal to offer me protection and there is no clear evidence a breech of security was the problem, as evidenced by the purchases either side of the failed "non-compliance" purchase attempt,  I don't think we can trust the security features of PayPal since an error in compliance assessment (non-compliant when actually compliant) leads also to the reverse problem (compliant when actually non-compliant).

If I have to revert to using my Visa card directly, as PayPal's "help" recommended, then what is the point of PayPal?

I am expecting open and transparent communication from PayPal so why do they opt into making general statements without offering the details does not meet that bar.   

It would really help if PayPal actually would answer direct questions on the nature of the specific non-compliance (so-called).  

Understand this bleat of mine will not solve this.   I am but one lone user.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asterion 

Could be a problem with the item you ordered. Item descriptor keyword flag?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Shweta5
Contributor
Contributor
They are idiots , dont want to do anything . Whats the next level , i m sick of them !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.