Any help at all is appreciatted , i was scammed!

PIGG1R
Contributor
Contributor

I have clearly been scammed after purchasing something through the Facebook store, i did unfortunatly pay by the friends and family option. Now i know that was my own fault and i have also been  guilty of requesting that myself to save an extra few pounds.

Now the item i ordered has not arrived and the sellers profile on facebook no longer exists, paypal only offered me themoptions to report it as UNAUTHORISED ACTIVITY, whichnit wasnt so it was closed instantly. 

But the thought of them getting away with it scott free hurts inside, can i not get basic information off this person from paypal? This selllers account should at least be closed. 

Do i honestly have no choice but to sit back and accept this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PIGG1R 

Sorry, but friends and family payments are essentially a “gift” payment with no obligation to exchange goods and services nor carries purchase protection so be extremely careful when making payments directly from your PayPal account to choose the appropriate payment type.

Only use F&F with...you guessed it, friends and family.

All is not lost, it’s paid tuition for a lesson learned.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PIGG1R
Contributor
Contributor
I understand that but surely PayPal should be able to accept feedback on that individual, so that if multiple people keep making the same mistake/getting Coned by this person like me then they could delete their account.
Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

It is the way PP WILLFULLY assists scammers in committing fraud.  Just like PP refuses to offer a simple 1 or 2 sentence warning when completely appropriate and helpful.  The very least PP could do is provide info on a registered email address if they get scam complaints.  You don't even get any warnings or options BEFORE you type in an email address and a dollar amount.  So very irresponsible on PP's part.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.