Amount sent to seller is different to the amount PayPal showed when clicking pay now

KeileenB
New Community Member
I checked out of a website just as a sale was ending (website dumped my basket so had to do it all again). The amount shown when I clicked go to PayPal to checkout was the sale price. In PayPal, it showed the sale price when I clicked pay now (or whatever the button says). But my email receipt from PayPal and the order receipt are for the non-sale price. The very next screen after clicking pay on PayPal was the website's successful order page so I had no notice until after payment that I was going to be charged full price. By showing me one amount when I click pay now (like checking the amount on the card machine in a shop to verify it's correct) but then sending more money than I gave PayPal permission to send, can I legitimately dispute the payment amount? I don't have any evidence of what I saw. I didn't screen shot it, why would you? I would not have bought some of the stuff I ordered if I had known I would be charged full price, something I didn't know was going to happen until after I clicked pay. The website was still showing all the sale prices after this happened (even though the sale had finished??) so I got screenshots of the sale prices of everything so I can calculate the exact amount I was supposed to be charged as I can only remember the sale order amount to about plus or minus 50p.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @KeileenB

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent transaction. If the charge on your PayPal account is not the same as you agreed to or have on a receipt, I'd recommend opening up a billing issue. Here's a Help Center article you may find useful: How do I report a PayPal billing issue?

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.