Also duped by Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited

dogmom31
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, was duped by Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited. I thought I was ordering the stamps from the United States Postal service. I didn't know until I received the confirmation from Paypal and saw their name. Ugh! I immediately called my credit card company and then called Paypal. I order 2 different styles of stamps. I hope I get my money back. 

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Temp20211221d
New Community Member
I too bought stamps. My order was supposedly shipped. It appeared on my USPS Informed Delivery page. I can't find any way to contact them. SCAM SELLER? Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited
Login to Me Too

JerseyGrandma
Contributor
Contributor

According to many news articles, chances are that your stamps are counterfeit.  Look carefully and compare them to genuine stamps and you will see slight differences between the real and the fake.  Check the web for the articles/news reports about this scam.

Login to Me Too

ShirlU
Contributor
Contributor

According to USPS, they are fraudulent stamps

Login to Me Too

KanadaKat
Contributor
Contributor

Well, gang, the same thing up here in Canada!!  Black Friday 'sale' on stamps, totally legit logo etc for Canada Post.  I've been weighing up what to do, I, too, received an email saying Your Package is About to Ship. The shipment is ready and will be picked up by the carrier soon...and, then...nothing.  There's a tracking number, and every day I ping it and it says this same thing.  You can ask for email updates, so, every day, I email and ask for an update.  It's always the same thing, but, I'm hoping someone will notice that the same person keeps 'asking' and will get the hint that I'm not forgetting or letting this go.  Seeing that you've already started a complaint with PayPal, I will do that, as well, and at least get it going.  I feel I'm usually pretty savvy when it comes to these scams (famous last words), but, this one looked totally legit right down until, yes, I got the invoice and say the email and the company name.  Here's hoping we'll get our money back if we make enough noise.  I know I'll do my part!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

oldbarn1

Yes, I am willing to complain vigorously to get my money back, too.

Login to Me Too

Marie7Kate
Contributor
Contributor

I can’t believe I fell for this. Is there anything that can be done?

Login to Me Too

KanadaKat
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, contact PayPal and say you want to dispute a transaction. Theyre great and will get right on it. Tell them there is a thread about this fraud on the Community page, but, I doubt theyll need to check...there are  enough of us making noise about this now!!!

Login to Me Too

SkyMax
I got my stamps today and canceled my claim.
Login to Me Too

JerseyGrandma
Contributor
Contributor

I just got my refund today after ordering what I thought were USPS stamps on Nov. 30 and cancelling a few hours later when I realized I was dealing with a fraudulent company.  I emailed them and cancelled. Their return email said I would get a refund in  5-7 business days.  Today (Dec. 10) I see on my credit card statement that there is a refund and PayPal confirms the refund.  I first saw the offer on Facebook and I guess it was "too good to be true."  Are they printing stamps?  Stealing them? They should be in trouble for impersonating the USPS.  I hope they go out of business (they haven't been in business very long) and are running scared.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.