Alpha heater website is this company a scam?

Michbrannie
Contributor
Contributor
I mistakenly made an order for alpha heaters they took my rent money £132 I had tried immediately to cancel it but PayPal said only the subscription was cancelled this company had received the £132 so I could not cancel and have lost my rent money why would you need a subscription when ordering a heater I'm very annoyed the company took ages to reply then they offered me 46 dollars back to save me the cost of returning the items and shopping fees what I joke I haven't got the heater I said I'm going lose my home and they just replied please give us your address so we can change it what a joke I said I want all my money back and since have just received automated emails does anyone know if this is a scam and how I can get my money back in devastated.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michbrannie 

If you haven’t already, open the transaction in Activity, click “Report a problem” link. Select “item not received” option if you didn’t receive anything at all or “significantly not as described”  option if you received something not as described. You can change dispute reason later from “not received” to “not as described”, if needed.

If the seller used Subscriptions processing for a one-time goods purchase, then that is plainly misuse. Or, it could just mean a billing agreement was set up in your PayPal profile at time of purchase, to streamline checkout on future purchases which can be later canceled/deactivated, and is appropriate use and irrelevant to the problem at hand.

Not all orders can be cancelled if merchant processes and ships orders quickly. It appears the seller has shipped(?) as they are offering a partial refund because they think for you to return the item is cost prohibitive. And in their mind, why should they lose both item and money by your mistake so they offered a discount as a solution. Or you may return item for a refund upon receipt of goods. If you haven’t received heater yet, again, file an “item not received” dispute.

Note that PayPal Buyer Protection does not cover buyer’s remorse reasons (changed mind, don’t like, don’t fit, saw it for cheaper, bought by accident or mistake, as described but did not meet expectations) so try to resolve this with seller. And even if PayPal did cover you, you’d still have to return for a refund on your own dime. You can’t keep item (if received) and the money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20230202w
New Community Member
I ordered an alphaheater was charged e tra 11usd for a remote I didn't want. The heater is rubbish does not heat the room at all. I have emailed their customer support 4 times to arrange a return and refund, not had any replies. PayPal.have not helped at all.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.