Alaskan King Crab Scam

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

I responded to an advertisement that appeared in my Facebook thread for fresh Alaskan King Crabs shipped right to your door at phenomentally low prices.

The link went to the website [Removed]   Only option for payment was Paypal.  It appears I got scammed out of $45.  The phone numbers on the order confirmation are not working.  There is no response to the email I sent to the company.  It appears they are in China.  Has anybody else been bitten by this scam??

Login to Me Too
104 REPLIES 104

Anita234
Contributor
Contributor
I just got scame out of $88 myself and PayPal provided no offers. We need to start a boycott agaisnt paypal and possibly a class action law suit over this!!! This is bs .PayPal has no way to protect its customers then they should be responsible for the stolen money.
Login to Me Too

Eeragus
Contributor
Contributor
I hope the post about contacting 60 min pays off. I have already sworn off PP. They will never make another penny off me or have a chance to rip me off. I suggest you call whoever and get documentation of bogus tracking # then call PP and make your case ask for a supervisor. Goo
Login to Me Too

LARRYM3
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, i too was scammed out of 79 bucks. Whats even more disturbing is paypal did not properly investigate my dispute. I provided all the information. The scammer’s web site was taken down; their store no longer exists on the internet etc. i would like to see the documentation showing my order was delivered; paypal said my dispute was declined because the scammer provided documentation the order was delivered. This is on you too Paypal for not allowing these claims. DID EVERYONE COMPLAINING HERE NOT RECEIVE THEIR ORDER? This in itself is a RED flag.
Login to Me Too

Hilly_hoo

Same exact experience here- and Bank of America will not refund my money as they claim proof of delivery.  I remember receiving a silly post card with a tracking number on it- of course I tossed it in the garbage- it had no connection or meaning for me. So this smuck can prove something was delivered on July 26th. HOWEVER as I explained to Bank of America- the delivery was on July 26 but the tracking shows it was in transit since July 16th- Can you imagine how smelly rotten crab legs would be after 10 days in shipping. 

Bank of America probably won't restore my money- but they will lose my business if they don't - I have proof this is a scam. I have proof even if the crab was delivered they would have been rotten.  Either way my money should return to my account.  BOA best do the right thing. I have fraud and scammers. I hope those creeps spend a long time in a prison eating **bleep** food. 

Login to Me Too

BRPHOTO
Contributor
Contributor

I got suckered too.   I got the SAME response from PayPal.   I"m in the process of acquiring more details from the fraudulent tracking number.    There's a couple very obvious flaws in the sellers attempt...but the sleuths at PayPal don't seem to notice.   1- The package originated in Omaha, Ne. and I was charged an international shipping fee.    That's pretty obvious there.   2- The tracking number given shows it was left at/in the mailbox.   My mailbox is tiny...there's no way 12-pounds of  crab legs fit inside a mailbox....also with food items there's no way they'd just LEAVE it in a mailbox.  C'mon

Does Paypal not keep ANY records for trends and what not with the types of scams that are occurring?   

Login to Me Too

Anita234
Contributor
Contributor

I reached out to USPS last week and demanded an answer.

They sent an apology letter saying the address where the item was delivered is not mine. Even though my address was on the tracking information..

I just sent that over to PayPal as proof I did not receive the item.  And got my money back.

I am hopping Paypal will start looking at this account and refund everyone money back automatically...

I was pretty made that I had to reach out to USPS... Paypal has the tracking number . Shouldn't they be the one to reach out to USPS to verify instead of me? Shouldn't that be part of their investigation before rejecting the claim?!

Anyway, 

Good luck everyone!

Login to Me Too

LARRYM3
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal originally rejected my claim but yesterday i called them on the phone and my money has been refunded in full; no other questions were asked! Call paypal and get your money back!
Login to Me Too

Laqu58
Contributor
Contributor
Me too!! August 10th, 2021
Login to Me Too

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

Seems we all got the same runaround from PayPal and that - plus Facebook's lack of interest is what is so terrible about this scam.  Those two are perpetrating the fraud by not expressing proactive action.  I told my friend TV consumer reporter about it hoping he would do a story about it.  Even told him about this community.  But I guess he could not sell it to his network.  Seems neither UPS or USPS or FEDEX will provide the phony address where the goods were allegedly sent.  And yes, Paypal should be making the calls to them to confirm that it was the wrong address and not put the honus on us.  

Login to Me Too

dlogic

I got hit with it..I was greedy, I confess, but I figured PAYPAL. They cant **bleep** with Paypal. But I was wrong.  I got a tracking number and the its shipping history was from another planet.   I am trying to figure out how to get my money back from Paypal, after they say it was delivered.. Any Ideas.   I figure if I said what I received was NOTy was what I paid for, then I send back a postcard.  Maybe the scammers will tell Paypal what I sent  back was wrong... I mean if you cant trust PayPal anymore, whats gonna happen to this world.

John

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.