Alaskan King Crab Scam

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

I responded to an advertisement that appeared in my Facebook thread for fresh Alaskan King Crabs shipped right to your door at phenomentally low prices.

The link went to the website [Removed]   Only option for payment was Paypal.  It appears I got scammed out of $45.  The phone numbers on the order confirmation are not working.  There is no response to the email I sent to the company.  It appears they are in China.  Has anybody else been bitten by this scam??

Login to Me Too
104 REPLIES 104

Pmerve
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, I’ll try. (So far the chat and email replies have been there is nothing to do except ask receiver (scammer) for the money back. I’m an idiot for falling for it—but the “store”” looked so legit. Turns out it is not a business at al but a transfer to a “friends” thus no protected.
Login to Me Too

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

It worked for me also.  I told my side and they checked into it and reversed in my favor and I am getting a refund and this Samantha [removed] is going to be looked into.  Call them.

Login to Me Too

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

I told PayPal what happened to me.  Same thing that happened to you.  I told them they got it wrong and all of the details on my deal.  They overturned the decision and found for me and are giving me a refund.  They are going to investigate this Samantha [removed] who scammed me.  Contact them.

Login to Me Too

lrpisme
Contributor
Contributor

Google Paypal and you will get the number. PP will not let me put it in this message

Login to Me Too

lrpisme
Contributor
Contributor

The current Paypal phone number is online. Just google it. Paypal will not let me put it in my reply.  

Login to Me Too

Gingerl42
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same as you I filed a report and guess what the scammers some guy with an arabic name sent some tracking number which supposedly was delivered in my town and I lost the money . paypal is not protecting us like they use to 

Login to Me Too

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal sided with the crook over me.  They must be in on the scams going around.  They are as low as the scammers.

Login to Me Too

LOOTYBIRD
Contributor
Contributor
It's weird, sometimes they seem to favor the scammer (as far as saying the merchandise was delivered according to the stolen Amazon tracking number) but if you find a knowledgeable customer service representative they worked with me.. They obviously have to be aware that this is going on and seems like before they send the money to the merchant they could set up a security/name check and block the scammers..
Login to Me Too

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

Call PayPal and tell them your story and they will probably make it right.  They did with me.  I am getting a refund.  Call them.

Login to Me Too

jamesb958
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason. paypal and facebook are allowing this scam to continue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.