Alaskan King Crab Scam

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

I responded to an advertisement that appeared in my Facebook thread for fresh Alaskan King Crabs shipped right to your door at phenomentally low prices.

The link went to the website [Removed]   Only option for payment was Paypal.  It appears I got scammed out of $45.  The phone numbers on the order confirmation are not working.  There is no response to the email I sent to the company.  It appears they are in China.  Has anybody else been bitten by this scam??

Login to Me Too
104 REPLIES 104

Gingerl42
Contributor
Contributor

How did you get a representative since they no longer have a phone number for paypal? because these fools used a false tracking number and paypal excepted it as proof of transaction I am rather mad at the moment 

Login to Me Too

PLMS
Contributor
Contributor
Google the number, they were very helpful, just be persistent, I went to my Post Office and they couldn’t help much but was able to tell me the item that was shipped only weighed 8ozs.
Login to Me Too

PLMS
Contributor
Contributor
I called and opened up a dispute, was denied 2 times but I was not going to let them get away without a fight after the second time PayPal refunded My Money yesterday.. So if they stopped phone support it. Was working 5-31-2022
Login to Me Too

PLMS
Contributor
Contributor
Google the PayPal Customer Support for the Number and don’t give up, continue to dispute it, this has got to stop, the Tracking number should match the weight of the item, if they had to pay shipping cost maybe it will decrease, the Post office told me one person was mailed a Penny!
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone! 

It sounds like a recent purchase hasn't gone quite as you had planned and you're looking into opening a dispute. In this situation, opening a dispute to have PayPal review the matter is definitely the right call. There are few different types of disputes, so please make sure you're opening the right one for your specific situation. If you received an item but it wasn't what you expected, you'll want to open a Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) case. If you did not receive your item at all, you'll want to open an Item Not Received (INR) case. 

You can find more information on the Dispute Process by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page, then "Disputes and account limitations", then "Disputes", then "Dispute a payment". If you run into any speed-bumps along the way, scroll to the bottom of that page and select "Call Us" (when available) or "Message us". 

I hope that helps. Cheers to you all and good luck with your case, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

Oh yeah, it's really helpful to open a dispute with Pay Pal.  I did just that and they sided with this lousy crook.  I DIDN'T RECEIVE MY PACKAGE.  I WAS SCAMMED AND PAYPAL SIDED WITH THIS CROOK.  She gave them a false tracking number and they closed the case and I am out nearly a hundred dollars.  I contacted her 3 times and she would'nt answer me but she gave PayPal false information and they sided with her!  The post office said a different address was given instead of mine and it was for Three and one half pounds, not the 40 pounds it was supposed to me.  They said they see this often and I was most likely scammed.  I was and PayPall sided with the lying crook.  I am disgusted with this Samantha [removed] crook and pay pal both.

Login to Me Too

PLMS
Contributor
Contributor
Don't give up ok, it took 3 Calls to PayPal to get my Money refunded.
Login to Me Too

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

I was angry when I posted this.  I called PayPal and it took a while but after I told my side to a living person they reversed the decision and sided with me.  Don't be a victim.  Call them and tell them you story.  It worked for me.  I got my refund and this Samantha [removed] is going to be investigated.  Call them and tell them your side, they will listen.

Login to Me Too

Pmerve
Contributor
Contributor
Once I realized this was a scam (Chinese person email), I scrambled to stop or report it. Was told by Chat that because it wasn’t a “business” , but instead a personal transfer, it was not protected by the PayPal protection policy.
Login to Me Too

LOOTYBIRD
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't seen any crab legs ads in a while. All I can say is that from my experience once I reached a PP Rep she was helpful, removed the charge and also another scam I was caught up with
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.