Account used without my permission - £2000+ spent

Tm5011
Contributor
Contributor
Good afternoon people, so long story short. I’ve had the worst experience this week with my account. My account was used while I was away for £2200 to some electronic site. I don’t know how on earth this amount even has gone through from my bank or PayPal but anyway, I contacted PayPal and they created an unauthorised use case. They then declined this case and I am now £2200 down. They’re claiming there was not any unauthorised use. The order made from my account was made to an old address on my PayPal account, which I’m baffled about. PayPal are trying to make it out as if I made the order. I ended up getting in contact with the neighbours at my old address and the person currently living there, 2 parcels have showed up on my name. The seller website also has an account with my name on it and there are no returns options to take this junk back. How do I proceed with this? Any help would be appreciated, almost all of my money is gone thanks to this.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi @Tm5011

I am sorry to read about what has happened and the experience you have had. When a case is opened for unauthorised access we will look to see if we can find any unusual access or activity amongst other things. There are times, if your account was accessed from your device using a certain software that we would not be able to find or see any unauthorised access. If your account was showing that it was accessed from your normal location or device then we may offer you the option to open a case for non receipt of an item. We would do this to try to help you get your funds back as we cannot just take the funds from a seller without a valid reason. I know it may seem strange but I would follow this process so we can give you a refund. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tm5011
Contributor
Contributor
Just to add onto this, the PayPal advisor then created an item not received case! I didn’t order it in the first place for it to be a not received case. Can someone please advise me as I’m losing my head here.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi @Tm5011

I am sorry to read about what has happened and the experience you have had. When a case is opened for unauthorised access we will look to see if we can find any unusual access or activity amongst other things. There are times, if your account was accessed from your device using a certain software that we would not be able to find or see any unauthorised access. If your account was showing that it was accessed from your normal location or device then we may offer you the option to open a case for non receipt of an item. We would do this to try to help you get your funds back as we cannot just take the funds from a seller without a valid reason. I know it may seem strange but I would follow this process so we can give you a refund. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.