Account temporarily limited.PP won't accept Police ID

EV86
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PP account few months ago and last week i received a payment for a private sale.Buyer choose to pay with Goods and Services.

Almost immiediately,PP put limits in my accounts asking for ID proof and transaction proof for the item that i received money for.

I did upload the tracking number and the post service which was a proof that the item was sent and it was accepted.

However,as far as my ID proof is concerned,they rejected my scanned PDF copy of my Police ID card.Honestly i don't know why is this happening as the 

Police ID is the best way to confirm an idendity.

I tried again now,sending them this time a copy of my driver's licence but i'm getting anxious that they might reject it again for God's knows whatever reason.

The copies sent were clear,my name/surname was in both Greek and English written on them,my photo was both on them as it should.

Really frustrating with this hassle,i am afraid that i may end up with no access to my money if they reject the driver's licence too....

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EV86 

PayPal do not accept any other photo ID but passport or government issued ID that citizens can get such as drivers license or State ID.

No work, medical/health or school ID. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

EV86
Contributor
Contributor

Did you even read my text?

I DID sent them my Police ID card copy.They should accept it but they didn't.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EV86 

They read it, police ID is NOT a passport of government ID is it.

Maybe you try reading instead?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EV86
Contributor
Contributor

Police ID card is NOT issued by goverment?It's not official enough as proof of identity for Paypal?I know how to read but this is a joke.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EV86 

If you want to raise the limitation then joke or not provide paypal with the I.D that they are requesting?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EV86
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently we're not understanding each other mate.I say one thing,you're saying another.

Thanks for your time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.