Account permanently restricted

DSK2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I come to the Paypal community to get help. I created an account many years ago when I was a minor. Paypal has permanently restricted my account because at the time of the identity verification I was not of age. Now I am, and so I wanted to know if, by contacting Paypal again, they would be able to put my account back on, knowing that it is permanently restricted, but that I am now of age (knowing that you can't create another account with the same ID).

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ashwani3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @DSK2 

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

Looks like you need help with limitations. 
I comprehend your concern about your account being restricted. For more information on how limitation works, click here

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ashwani.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DSK2 

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal normally allow you to open a new account. Opening a new account is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but normally they allow it. 

However you would not be able to use any of the information linked to the limited paypal account so you would need to add new cards / email address etc.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.